Thursday, May 2, 2013

Trapped (Iron Druid Chronicles #5) by Kevin Hearne

 Trapped (Iron Druid Chronicles #5) by Kevin Hearne





 Pages: 320
Kindle Edition
Read in April 2013
Reviewer: Bobbi
Series: #5  

 GoodReads Synopsis:

 After twelve years of secret training, Atticus O’Sullivan is finally ready to bind his apprentice, Granuaile, to the earth and double the number of Druids in the world. But on the eve of the ritual, the world that thought he was dead abruptly discovers that he’s still alive, and they would much rather he return to the grave.(Shortened)


My Thoughts:
 
Wow it was so refreshing to read another novel in the Iron Druid Chronicles! Why I ever waited so long to read the next installment of the series I do not know! Trapped is book 5 in the series which came out in late November 2012. The Iron Druid Chronicles has quickly been a rising star on my all time favorites list of books. I can honestly say I have loved every book in the series so far. Hunted (book 6) comes out in June, and while I always look forward to book releases I am even more excited that I will get to attend his book signing!! Don't worry I'll be sure to share any stories and Q and A sessions he has :)

Honestly what makes this series amazing is the way it's written. It's very modern and contains a lot of pop culture references. The main character Atticus is always comparing funny situations with today's society or making comparisons from history.

Now for those who have been reading the Iron Druid Series have been long awaiting to find out if something will happen with Atticus and Granualie. Well, the wait is over! You will finally find out your answer! ...but your going to have to read to find out :P hehe I will say the wait is definitely worth it!

Last but not least, the sole reason that makes this book just plain fun to read, is the side character, Oberon. An Irish wolfhound that can speak telepathically to Atticus. Oberon's character has the best dialog by far! If your looking for a book that will make you laugh out loud, this series is for you. You will be giggling so much others who are near will give you odd glances hehe.

I highly recommend this series! It's a must read on my list.

Series Order:
Hounded
Hexed
Hammered
Tricked
Trapped
Hunted (release: June 2013)

5/5 birdies

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...