Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Character Interview | Nate & Sophie from The Year of the Great Seventh by Teresa Orts

The Year of the Great SeventhLadies and Gents!
You've seen them on all the major magazines. Wondered who these fabulous people could be. Search no more! I almost too excited to present to you Nate and Sophie! *crowd cheers*

Martha: Welcome, Nate & Sophie! I am so glad to have you both here with me! Please have a seat. *gestures at seats* *turns to Nate and blushes* How are you both? No more red carpets, I hope. *laughs* 
*Nate and Sophie catch each other’s eye with complicity.* 
Nate: Nope. Not for us!  *Nate smirks as they take their seats.* 
Sophie: It’s really nice to be here.  Thanks for having us. 
Nate: Yeah, thanks for having us. *Nate grabs the glass of water as he keeps his eyes fixed on Martha. This seems to make her uncomfortable, as her blushing intensifies.* 
*squirms in seat*  
Martha:  Umm...*remembers where she is* So, can I just say that I love the cover. You guys look so amazing and I love the aerial shot. Quite the superstars!  
Nate: We wish we were superstars, but we were just tagging along for the ride. *Nate grabs Sophie’s hand, squeezing it for a second, and she immediately relaxes.* 
Sophie: Yeah! It was, thanks to Megan. She’s the only superstar. *Sophie’s red sequin mini-dress sparkles with the studio lights as she speaks.*  
Martha:  Nate, how are you feeling about everything that has happened? The last page had me REELING! Ah! *leans into Nate and Sophie and whispers* Can you tell Teresa when you see her that she left me hanging with that last page? No fair! *smiles and sits back.* 
Nate: It’s been a few intense months for us, but looking back, I’m glad I had Sophie by my side the entire journey. *Nate passes his arm over Sophie’s shoulders and squeezes her towards him.* *The audience, mostly females, sigh in one voice.* 
Sophie: If YOU see Teresa *Sophie nods at Martha* tell her I’m going to have a word with her! How can she leave all of us like that for a full year? She said she wants to publish the sequel next summer. 
 Martha: Sophie, you put so much time and effort into helping Nate with his...*thinks of a good word so as not to offend* condition. Did you ever think, “This is not even worth it.”?  
Sophie: Nope. Not for a second.*She glances shyly at Nate for a second.* 
Martha:  *laughs while remembering* Nate, that scene with the eraser had me rolling on the floor laughing! (I was reading on the floor) Why an eraser? Sophie, if that had been me, I would've thrown it back. Did you feel tempted to do the same?  
*Nate burst into laughter.* 
Nate: What did you want me to throw at her, mashed potato?  
*Audience laughs* *Martha turns scarlet.*
Martha:  Good point. *turns to Sophie* Sophie, being a history buff, is there any decade you would go back to if you could? I know trying to pick one is pretty hard. At least it is for me, but I think I'd choose the 1880s or the 20s or the 50s. 
Sophie: This is a bit corny, but I love the eighties. I thought their dressing style was nuts.  
Martha: *laughs* I agree with you there. I have to say that Paul, the tour guide, made me giggle several times. If things were different, would you guys have gone to the concert he mentioned? *looks at them curiously* 
*Nate jaw tightens* 
Nate: We didn’t really like the band.  
*Martha feels that she stepped into hostile territory, and quickly changes subject.* 
Martha:  I'm sorry to say this, but Preston? Yeah, he creeped me out from the beginning. I saw that one coming from a mile away. And the diamond ad girl on his arm that night you all met? Was it just me, or did we all want to shake her a bit? 
Sophie: I think she’s one of those girls who gets easily misinterpreted. Her intentions were good, but she was under Preston’s spell. She trusted him, and not for a minute did she realize he was manipulating her. 
Martha:  Nate, can you share with us a tiny bit we can expect from book 2? *looks at Sophie with pleading eyes* Just a tiny bit? *whispers conspiratorially* I promise I won't tell Teresa that you told me. 
Sophie: I don’t think Teresa would mind. *Sophie moves a lock of hair away from her face* 
*Nate hesitates.* 
Nate: Mmmm, I hope we don’t get into trouble. In the sequel you’ll see a more mature Nate and Sophie. The story will still have a fantasy element, but we will be moving away from Ancient Egypt. 
Martha:  Sophie, brownie points for being a history buff in the land of acting and fame! Nate, is this why you fell so hard of her? *waggles finger playfully at him* It is, isn't it? *smiles at them both* 
*Nate rolls the sleeves of his shirt slightly up his arms. He seems to be thinking about how to answer this.* *People in the audience are holding their breath.* 
Nate: I don’t think that mattered too much. Even if she had been interested in acting, she would’ve been the one. *He slides his arm over her shoulders and plants a kiss on her cheek.* She’ll always be the one. 
*The audience cheers in excitement.* 
Well, that's all for today, guys. *stands and air-kisses them both* I really look forward to having you both back really soon! *crowd claps like crazy* 
*The three of them stand in from of the audience as they clap. Sophie’s red sequin dress glitters under the spotlights. Nate doesn’t look too bad himself with his white shirt and black pants.  Nate stands in between Martha and Sophie, and holding their hands, they bow to the audience as the studio lights dim.* 
 
Well I really hope you liked the Interview! These character are awesome and I really hope you get to read The Year of the Great Seventh because it is just spectacular! Keep an eye out for an Author Interview with the evil genius behind these two characters, Teresa Orts! My review will be posted closer to it's pub date in July so keep an eye out for that one as well.

Teresa OrtsStalk Teresa: Goodreads | Website | Facebook | Twitter 

Goodreads Synopsis:
Sophie has always felt out of step—an outsider, even amongst friends in her high school with all the hype about celebrity culture. Her life in L.A. seems to have been already written for her, but when her junior year starts, it all takes a drastic turn. When she crosses paths with the school's heartthrob, Nate Werner, they fall for each other in a way neither can understand. What they don’t know is that by giving in to their desires, they are unlocking an ancient Egyptian prophecy that threatens to return Earth to the dark ages.

To undo the curse, Nate and Sophie embark on an adventure that takes them across the country. But their quest is not only to save the world as they know it. It is also a fight for their very survival. Behind the scenes, there are those that are counting on them to fail.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...