Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blog Tour | The Gatekeeper's Daughter (Gatekeeper's Trilogy #3) by Eva Pohler

The Gatekeeper's Daughter (Gatekeeper's Trilogy, #3)The Gatekeeper's Daughter (Gatekeeper's Trilogy #3)
by Eva Pohler
Source: Blog Tour Copy
Format: Paperback, 235 pages
Published: May 1st 2013 by Green Press/Eva Pohler  
 
Goodreads Synopsis:
In The Gatekeeper's Sons, Therese and Thanatos, the god of death, met and fell in love. In The Gatekeeper's Challenge, they did everything they could to be together, even break an oath on the River Styx. But the Olympians don't tolerate oath-breakers.

In this final book in the trilogy, The Gatekeeper's Daughter, Therese may have finally succeeded in becoming a goddess, but if she wants to remain one, she'll not only have to discover her unique purpose, but also make some allies among the gods. Artemis sends her on a seemingly impossible quest across the world, while Than searches for a way to appease Ares. To make matters worse, her baby sister's life depends on the outcome of her quest.
 
My Thoughts:
What a great final book! So many great adventures and so many deals to be made with selfish gods!

Therese is a goddess! Yayy! Oh, but you know there is always a but attached to that as we've learned in the previous two books. These gods don't' do anything out of the goodness of their immortal little hearts. In order for Therese to even begin to be happy with Than, they have to jump through a million hoops to get that happily forever after. the best thing about all this craziness is that throughout all this Therese could've gone goddess power hungry and just taken the things she needed but she didn't. She kept her best quality when she went from mortal to goddess, her compassion.

I really enjoyed The Gatekeeper's Daughter because, although it was a little fast, Therese and Than were this close to getting their happy beginning. If you want something bad enough you have to work for it right? Well that's what Therese learns. Also these gods taught her the age old saying of, "You scratch my back and I'll scratch your back." All these missions she had to go on to receive any help from one god was followed by another mission she had to go for another god. Not just Therese, though, it was also Than. Facing Titans, some of the first immortals, dealing with Ares and learning to drive? Not always the easiest thing to accomplish but I fully think Therese did it with grace.

Truly a great way to end a series. All my curiosities were satisfied...except I'm wondering about Jen and Hyp. *raises eyebrow* Had everything I enjoy, Love, Romance, adventure and Greek mythology, if any of these things appeal to you then I suggest you read this series! Seriously! High five, Eve on a great series!
I've rated The Gatekeeper's Daughter:
 
Follow the tour!
May 1- Reading Addiction Blog Tours - Meet and Greet
May 2 - Laurie's Thoughts and Reviews - Interview/PROMO
May 6 - Mythical Books - PROMO
May 8 - Book Lovers Report - Review/Guest Post
May 9 - Into The Wormhole - Review
May 13 - Paulette's Papers - Guest Post/PROMO
May 14 - Buffy's Ramblings - Guest Post/PROMO
May 15 - The Avid Reader - Review/Guest Post
May 16 - Getting Your Read On - Review
May 17 - Sitting With a Book - Guest Post/PROMO
May 20 - My Cozie Corner - Review
May 21 - Bunny's Reviews - PROMO
May 22 - Marked By Books - Review
May 23 - Books and Tales - Guest Post/PROMO
May 24 - Hooked in a Book - Review
May 25 - Wintry Words - Guest Post/PROMO
May 27 - Addicted Readers - Review/Interview
May 28 - Books and Needlepoint - Review
May 29 -Pixie Dust Reviews - Review/Interview
May 30 - Lisa's Book Lair - Interview/PROMO
May 31 - RABT Reviews - Review
 
About Eva:
I write fiction for teens and adults and teach writing and literature at the University of Texas at San Antonio, where I live with my husband, three kids, two dogs, and two rats (Katniss and Prim, of course). I'm also an avid reader and book reviewer. I've always said I never want to give up reading for writing or vice versa. I want to do both. My favorite authors are Tracy Chevalier, Ann Patchett, Suzanne Collins, Veronica Roth, Rick Riordan, and Stephanie Meyer. I have too many to name, but those are a handful of them. When I'm not spending time with the family, working, reading, or writing, I can be found watching The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, The Middle, and NCIS.

I love to interact with readers and have recently added features to my website at
http://www.evapohler.com with this in mind. If you email me your art and/or stories based on The Gatekeeper's Trilogy, or on Greek mythology in general, I will post them on my website for others to enjoy. I have also added a short video on the Olympians and a fun Jeopardy Game to test your knowledge. Please visit my website for more details.

Thanks for taking the time to read about me and my writing!

Follow Eva: Website | Twitter | Book Club Picks | Publishers Marketplace
Buy: Amazon
 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...