Monday, April 1, 2013

Insomnia (The Night Walkers #1) by J.R. Johansson

Insomnia (The Night Walkers, #1)Insomnia (The Night Walkers #1)




Thank you to Flus Books for the galley! On a dide note, does the model of the cover look like a girl to you or is it just me?


You know how I sometimes forget what a book is about I don't re-read the synopsis right before I start it. Well...ok the title was an obvious clue but the rest of it...I'm speechless! OK, no I'm not. So great! Parker had a curse, he can enter peoples dreams. But he can't sleep himself until one day he does sleep and this is where the craziness begins! He starts stalking the girl, Mia, who's dreams he can sleep in. She starts getting stalker-ish emails and she thinks it's him. Well he starts to dream walk and so now he thinks he's the creepy stalker. I felt so bad for Parker. No sleeping?! Best thing ever! Now imagine no sleep for 4 YEARS! :O And he thinks he's going to die (which might be huge a possibility). Not only that but he has to see peoples dreams! You know dreams include nightmares too. He sees those too. All the bad stuff is there and he's watching it. Doesn't want to but he can't do anything to stop it. This kid is strong! Here he is dealing with invading peoples dreams and internally freaking out about dying and he's still able to put up a smile for his mother. Still able to play soccer so everything seems normal for everyone so that they're not freaking about him (although they kinda still do). I just wanted to hug Parker. Tell him that everything is going to get better. The kid is suffering! Bad! I liked him because even though he suspects himself for the stalkish things that are happening to Mia he still tries to help her! Yeah! He suspects himself but is still helping her! I know what you're probably thinking, "But he thinks he's the stalker." Yeah but he suspects the non sleeping side of him...And the plot thickens!

The plot had me glued to my kindle! Is it Parker or is it not Parker? What mad Mia so traumatized that she isn't able to paint anymore? What is going on with the weird guy who is following him around? Or is that weird guy following Mia around? So many questions! Do you see why I was glued?! It had all the elements that make a book great! Great characters, storyline, mystery, intrigue! Ah, the end! I cannot wait for the sequel! Will we finally read more about the dad? Does the dad have his power as well? What is going on!?

There was nothing that I didn't like. This is EXACTLY my type of book and it didn't disappoint. I recommend! This was that good! 5 birds! Brava! We want more! Well, I want more but you will too once you read it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...