Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wicked Kiss by Michelle Rowen

Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)Book: Wicked Kiss
Series: Nightwatchers #2
By: Michelle Rowen
Published: Harlequin Teen 26th Feb 2013
Genre: Paranormal
Reviewer: Catherine

What Goodreads says: My kiss can kill.

I used to be ordinary Samantha Day, but that's changed. Now, after one dark kiss from a dangerous boy, I can steal someone's soul…or their life. If I give in to the constant hunger inside me, I hurt anyone I kiss. If I don't…I hurt myself.

Bishop is the one whose kiss I crave most, but if I kiss him, I'll kill him. Then there's another boy, one I can't hurt. One whose kiss seems to miraculously quell my hunger. They're both part of a team of angels and demons that's joined forces in my city to fight a mysterious rising darkness, an evil that threatens everyone I know and love. I just wonder if I'll be able to help Bishop—or if I'm just another part of the darkness he's sworn to destroy….



My thoughts on this book: I really enjoyed this book. I quite often find that if I really enjoyed the first book that the second book is kind of disappointing but that isn't what happened with this book. 

We continue following Samantha as she tries to deal with all the changes in her life and her relationship with Bishop and to a lesser degree Kraven. Not every relationship is going to be perfect from the start.  Almost every relationship is going to face trials and challenges along the way and there is plenty of that in this book. There are certain events in this book that do hint at the continuation of a love triangle throughout but as you read on you realise that it isn't and never really was. It was much more a test of their love, faith and commitment to each other. In saying that I'm not saying that Sam and Bishop have a happy ending, they have a lot more challenges to get past before they can really be together and not every relationship can stand up to the challenges these two face along the way. 

Aside from the relationship drama, so many things happen in this book. Sam is still fighting against the hunger of being a "gray" while trying to hide being a nexus from the team, and trying to save her best friend Carly. But that is far from the end of there troubles. A new angel arrives to be part of the team and she is different from the others. Questions are raised about exactly what her mission is. Unlikely friendships are formed and built especially after a new threat appears, this time its not the soul stealing demon Natalie but something just as evil. 

At times throughout this book I thought I could guess what was going to happen but it rarely happened the way I thought it would. I also really liked hearing a lot more of Bishop and Kraven's past and a bit more about several of the other characters. 

At this stage this is the last book in the series and as such it does have quite a definite ending tying the story together but also leaving a little opening for the possibility for the story continuing at a later date. 

I give this book 4 STARS! 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for my honest review. 

**** Happy Readings! ****

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...