Friday, March 15, 2013

Blog Tour | Open Heart (Farsighted #2) by Emily Chand

Open Heart (Farsighted, #2)Open Heart (Farsighted #2) by Emily Chand
Source: Blog Tour Review Copy
Format: Hardcover, 352 pages
Published: May 25th 2012 by Blue Crown Press
Purchase: Amazon | B&N
Goodreads Synopsis:
Simmi Shergill's life is a mess. Her powers of psychic feeling are on the fritz, and Grandon Township's sudden population boom has brought quite a few unsavory characters to town. She also looks like an over-blown balloon in her size 14 pants, but not even starving herself seems to be working as a diet plan. Well, at least her boyfriend, Alex, loves her so much he'd do anything for her. Last summer he even risked his life to protect her from the mysterious boy everyone was convinced wanted to kill her. The problem is, she's not so sure she feels the same way. Is Alex really the man of her dreams? And why can't she stop fixating on her would-be killer, Dax? Whenever he's around, part of her wants to run screaming in the other direction while the other part longs to run into his embrace, no matter who she'd hurt or what she'd risk. Simmi's loyalty is on the line. Who will she choose-the blind seer who loves her, or the charming telekinetic with "bad idea" written all over him? Emotions run high as the tension mounts in book two of the Farsighted series.
My Thoughts:
I'm in an in-between place with Open Heart.

I wish I could've liked it more than I did but the sad truth is that I didn't. For me it was missing a special something. Don't get me wrong there were a lot of things that I liked but it just seemed so bland.

Simmi dealt with some issues that many girls face in high school. It was as though I myself was going through it along with her. She goes from not eating and not even wanting to admit that she has a problem to slowly worsening said condition and slowly admitting that that she has bulimia. She never actually gets any help and the one person who knows doesn't seem to want to help her. Her powers are an issue in this book but not as big as I thought they would make them out to be. She basically does nothing with them and then BAM! (at the end) she has some crazy new updated version of her power (I might have my cellphone on the brain). What's up with that?! The end leaves wayyyy too many questions unanswered thus making me not so happy!

On the plus side, it did sort of answer some questions I had about Farsighted (book 1) and sort of continued on where it left... sort of. It did give a better clue as to who Simmi is as well as Shapri and Dax who are two characters that were almost complete mysteries ( especially Dax).

Overall, *shrugs shoulders* it is up to you to read it or not. I would neither recommend nor would I say not to read it.
I've Rated Open Heart: (3/5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...