Thursday, February 28, 2013

Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies #1) by Isaac Marion

Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1)Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies #1)
by Isaac Marion
Source: Libra Copy
Format: Kindle Edition, First Edition, 422 pages
Published: October 17th 2012 by Butterfly Books, LLC
Goodreads Synopsis:
A zombie who yearns for a better life ends up falling in love—with a human—in this astonishingly original debut novel.

R is a zombie. He has no memories, no identity, and no pulse, but he has dreams. He doesn’t enjoy killing people; he enjoys riding escalators and listening to Frank Sinatra. He is a little different from his fellow Dead.

Not just another zombie novel, Warm Bodies is funny, scary, and deeply moving


My Thoughts:
If the movie is half as good as good as the book...

From the first sentence I knew this book was going to be more than great. The first sentence made me laugh. R is that character that even though he's a creature that can kill you for breakfast you can't but want to hug him and make him your new bff. Everything about him was so genuine. Yeah he's a zombie that would eat your brains but at least he's not lying about it. He doesn't remember anything about himself other than the fact that his name starts with an R. He doesn't want to eat you but can't help himself... that is until he meets her. They say love can change a man but wow that is one heck of a change! R's inner monologue is hilarious. Especially when he's around her. Most thoughtful father/zombie EVER! Aha! Caught your attention didn't I?

I usually absolutely loathe love at first sight beginnings (because I don't believe its actually love) but in Warm Bodies it fit so well I couldn't complain. I mean it's love so strong it literally changes him at first sight! It's crazy and amazing and just...I can't even think of another word!

I seriously have no complaints about this book. The plot was engaging. So engaging I finished it in record time, I think. Even my younger brother was interested in it ( I was reading it to him and wanted me to stop so that he could shower! ) and he doesn't like to read! That says volumes on its own, trust me.

I have two reasons for reading it. 1. I've been curious about it when so many people were taking about it. 2. The movie. I told my brother I wanted to watch it but haven't had time so far. Would I recommend? HECK YEAH!! Read it if you haven't already because it's astonishingly brilliant!
I've Rated War: (5/5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...