Friday, February 8, 2013

Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux, #1)Obsidian (Lux #1)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
Source: Lbrary Copy
Format:Paperback, 2nd Edition, 361 pages
Published: May 8th 2012 by Entangled Teen (first published November 23rd 2011)

Goodreads Synopsis:
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

My Thoughts:
FINALLY!
Finally I read this book! I ABSOLUTLEY see what all the fuss is about! The wait was sooooooo worth it! I've bought my ticket for the Daemon train! For me Obsidian wasn't so much about the writing (even though it was great) it was more about the story. Enter Kat who has just moved next door to this BLAZING HOT neighbor and she tries to be nice and introduce herslef and he is a HUGE BUM! Not only is he rude but he's also rude as heck! Yes I too wanted to wring his neck many, many, MANY times while reading but I had to take a breath and remember that I actually couldn't! :D Sometimes we just love to complicate our lives and Kat seems to fall into this catrgory at at the moment. She is humilated and yet she's still nice (goes to show you, the girl is stubborn as a mule!), she's still being a nice neighbor even when she's fighting and arguing with Daemon.

What really go to me about Kat was that...TA DA...she is JUST LIKE ME! A book lover/blogger that is. All the excitement over getting books in the mail and reviewing books she loved and all that is pretty awesome because hey! that's what I'm doing now. haha! Funny!

Sometimes, I start reading the book and completely forget synopsis had said in the first place and even though the book is right in my hadns I still don't turn it over to read it so I go in pretty blindly at times. Took me by surprise when it turns out Daemon and his fmaily are aliens! Ahh! *flashback to Roswell tv show from the late 90's early 2000* I have to confess! I've always wanted to know an alien! :D hahah. No but seriously it shocked me when I found out he was an alien. And that his green eyes can change! And that he can run extraordinarily fast! And that...ok I'll stop.

Borrow a copy or buy one but you HAVE to read it! No, you don't understand! YOU HAVE TO READ IT!
I've Rated Obsidian(5/5)
-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...