Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mini Reviews

Hello! Today we have a few mini reviews. Didn't think they needed full reviews because then you'd get giant rants with me blabbing on and on and on about the good and the bad. Like I did just now :) so we get the mini versions of that. 2 I like immensely and one just didn't float my boat. It sunk and I had to be saved my one that came and saved me with its awesomeness. *giggles* Anyway, here they are. Leave me a comment agreeing or disagreeing with my mini rants!

If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)If I Die (Soul Screamers #5)
by Rachel Vincent
Goodreads Synopsis:
The entire school's talking about the gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck. Everyone except Kaylee Cavanaugh. After all, Kaylee's no ordinary high-school junior. She's a banshee—she screams when someone dies.

But the next scream might be for Kaylee.

Yeah—it's a shock to her, too. So to distract herself, Kaylee's going to save every girl in school. Because that hot new teacher is really an incubus who feeds on the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend's needy ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren't quite human, either.

But Kaylee's borrowed lifeline is nearing its end. And those who care about her will do anything to save her life.

Anything.

My Thoughts:
Killing off characters... I'm not sure how I feel about that... Ok no, I freaked out! If there is no Kaylee then there is no series. Who would read about a mara? Probably me but not about this mara. There is no one like Kaylee to take her place! She's on the reapers hit list and with her last days she's still trying to help people! Out of all this sadness comes a little joy! Although it's a little joy that I saw coming since the beginning of the series, it's still cause for celebration! Ahhh such a GREAT series! If you haven't read it yet you are definitely missing out!
I've Rated If I Die: (5/5)

Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1)Masque of the Red Death
by Bethany Griffin

Goodreads Synopsis:
Everything is in ruins.

A devastating plague has decimated the population, and those who are left live in fear of catching it as the city crumbles around them.

So what does Araby Worth have to live for?

Nights in the Debauchery Club, beautiful dresses, glittery makeup . . . and tantalizing ways to forget it all.

But in the depths of the club--in the depths of her own despair--Araby will find more than oblivion. She will find Will, the terribly handsome proprietor of the club, and Elliott, the wickedly smart aristocrat. Neither is what he seems. Both have secrets. Everyone does.

And Araby may find not just something to live for, but something to fight for--no matter what it costs her


My Thoughts:
So many things about this book were just not doing it for me. The character as so dead most of the time I became bored with her. I wasn't expecting someone super cheerful but drugs and suicide attempts? Really? That's pretty much where I draw the line! I did like how the setting was described, great to visualize. The plot flat lined for me. I was pretty much forcing myself to finish it because I loathe not finishing a book. Would I read book 2? Probably not.
I've rated Masque of the Red Death: (1/5)


Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)Before I Die
by Rachel Vincent

Goodreads Synopsis:
I died on a Thursday—killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul. The good news? He didn't get it.

The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school…

Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend.

But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life….


My Thoughts:
Best book in the series so far(I haven't read the rest yet, mind you)!! I mean she does die but she comes back! As a sort of reaper no less! And she's with Tod now, who is just so sweet. Probably one of the best boyfriends out there. Must be hard being dead but with family that live long lives and a boyfriend that is immortal, I think she might be set. This is one show down that had made attached to my phone (I was reading it on my kindle app) which was hilarious because my outbursts of shock had people giving me funny looks! Evil minions teaming up is never good, lets leave it at that. Most likely, I sound like a broken record but READ THIS SERIES!
I've Rated Before I wake: (5/5)



-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...