Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fire in the BLood (Last Moon Rising #1) by Dale Ibitz

Fire in the Blood (Last Moon Rising #1)Fire in the Blood (Last Moon Rising #1)
by Dale Ibitz
Source: BOTM Review Copy
Format: Paperback, 236 pages
Published July 11th 2011 by CreateSpace (first published 2011)
Author: Goodreads | Website
Purchase: B&N | Amazon | Smashwords

Goodreads Synopsis:
Global warming is playing havoc on Earth, and when 17 year-old Haley tumbles to a parallel world, she discovers that Earth’s issues stem from a war between the Eyids, the gods of nature. Because her necklace is a stone that holds the power of the Air Eyid, Haley is called upon to stop the war

But Haley has a problem. Actually, two problems. One named Tuggin, and one named Ian.

Both lie to her. Both have secrets. And neither are who they say they are. With her stone of power, Haley’s forced to make a choice that will decide the fate of all the worlds. But who should she trust, who should she fight, and who is the one with fire in his blood bent on betraying them all?


My Thoughts:
Wow! Not was I was expecting...at all.

Haley. Your typical high school student. Crush on the hot guy. Bit of an outsider. Doesn't feel particularly special until Tuggin. I'm telling you that Tuggin made me want to back hand many, many MANY times. Yeah hes that sort of character. The kind you love to hate but still find him a bit endearing. But only a tiny bit because you can see through his armor when he lets his guard down enough. Ian on the other hand was not what I expected. Freaking incredible that Ibitz managed to surprise me with these two guys because I'm usually right on.

With Tuggin leading the way there is no way you would be bored because that guy is just so...ahh! I mean if he ever tries to tie me up, there'll be hell to pay! I did feel like it was separated into three volumes. The time with Tuggin and the time with Ian. Now that's only two you say? Yes built the third I'll leave as a happy surprise. I'm being cryptic and mean for say? Yeah, probably. But! There is a but! But, it'll be worth it! Trust me!

Ok yeah I'm going to admit it, there were a few things that confused me a little. The biggest thing was Tuggin and his people. I'm not going to lie, I re-read the passages about him and his people a few times. In my defense though, the guy is confusing! In other cases I just had to bring my reading speed to limit because I was missing key passages that explained it.

It's a good read. I enjoyed it very much and I was presently surprised by this world so yeah I would recommend it.
I've Rated Fire in the Blood: (4/5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...