Friday, February 8, 2013

Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters #1) by Jessica Shirvington

Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1)Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters #1)
by Jessica Shirvington 
Source: Lbrary Copy
Format: Paperback, 382 pages
Published October 1st 2010 by Hachette Australia

Goodreads Synopsis:
It starts with a whisper: “It’s time for you to know who you are…”

Violet Eden dreads her seventeenth birthday. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. As if that wasn’t enough, disturbing dreams haunt her sleep and leave her with very real injuries. There’s a dark tattoo weaving its way up her arms that wasn’t there before.

Violet is determined to get some answers, but nothing could have prepared her for the truth. The guy she thought she could fall in love with has been keeping his identity a secret: he’s only half-human—oh, and same goes for her.

A centuries-old battle between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity has chosen its new warrior. It’s a fight Violet doesn’t want, but she lives her life by two rules: don’t run and don’t quit. When angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden…
My Thoughts:
I hadn't read a good angels book in a while and I'd been dying to read this one. Definitely now what I was expecting. Probably why I loved it so much.

I loved Violet's character! She went through so many things in this book and before it's beginning and she's still such a strong character who has taken life the horns (hah!). She's not going to let her past dictate her life. She's going to learn from her past and try her hardest to move past it with her head held up high. She isn't going to change for a guy and she sure as hell is not going to let him sweet talk her into anything...even if she is in love with him. Two thumbs up for Violet (if I had more thumbs I's raise those too.)!

My goodness the first chapter set everything up for such a heart wrenching realtionship between Violet and Linc (our HOT, AMAZING, SWOON WORTHY male lead). A lot of love that should not be there and is tried in VAIN to be avoided but we know that just doesn't happen! It's cute and NOT insta-love/love at first sight! Refreshing! This twist on the angel/grigori was one I had not ecountered in my reading travels so I absoluetly enjoyed it! Not just twists and turns in this story! AH! My eyes were bugging! O.O saucer shapped at different instances!!

Read, read, read it! Very good!
I've Rated Embrace(5/5)
-Martha 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...