Friday, February 8, 2013

Don't Turn Around (PERSEF0NE #1) by Michelle Gagnon

Don't Turn Around (PERSEF0NE, #1)Don't Turn Around (PERSEFoNE #1)
by Michelle Gagnon
Source: Review Copy
Format: Hardcover, 320 pages
Published: August 28th 2012 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2012)
Author: Goodreads | Website | Twitter |
Facebook | Pinterest |
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | BD

Goodreads Synopsis:
Sixteen-year-old Noa has been a victim of the system ever since her parents died. Now living off the grid and trusting no one, she uses her computer-hacking skills to stay safely anonymous and alone. But when she wakes up on a table in an empty warehouse with an IV in her arm and no memory of how she got there, Noa starts to wish she had someone on her side.

Enter Peter Gregory. A rich kid and the leader of a hacker alliance, Peter needs people with Noa's talents on his team. Especially after a shady corporation called AMRF threatens his life in no uncertain terms.

But what Noa and Peter don't realize is that Noa holds the key to a terrible secret, and there are those who'd stop at nothing to silence her for good.

Fans of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will devour the story of Noa, a teen soul mate to Lisbeth Salander.


My Thoughts:
I was happily deceived by the title. Glad I was!

How freaky would it be to wake up on a hospital bed and not remember how you got there in the first place! I'd be freaked out and pissed! Super pissed! Noa and I should team up! At such a young age she knows how to take better care of herself than probably I do at my 22 years! She's my hero! No really! Instead of crying because oh life is hard she puts her talents to use and is not only going to help herself but other unsuspecting kids! I'll say it again, Noa is my hero! On the other side of the coin we have our rich kid who at first seems to do things just because it gives him some kind of fulfillment. Keep reading through because he changes and for the better!

If I hadn't been bogged down with things in my life, I promised I would've finished Don't Turn Around in less than a day! A huge part of this was because I wanted to know why Noa had been taken and operated on. Come on! You know you want to know too! The smaller part was to see what Peter was going to do. The kid has never been on his own so it made me curious. What they both find out turns it to be HUGE!!! I mean godzilla sized huge! Like I said, could not and would not stop turning the pages until I HAD to.

I have to admit, all the computer talk made me want to learn more. Maybe some hacking too *smiles innocently*. It was pretty interesting because since things I already knew but some things were unfamiliar to me.

Yes! Two thumbs wayyy up! MUST MUST MUST READ! Cannot wait for book 2!!!!
I've Rated Don't Turn Around: (5/5)
-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...