Friday, February 8, 2013

Character Interview: Hades & Therese | The Gatekeeper's Challenge by Eva Pohler

The Gatekeeper's Challenge(Gatekeeper's Trilogy #2)
The Gatekeeper's Challenge (The Gatekeeper's Trilogy, #2)by Eva Pohler
Source: Review Copy
Format: Paperback, 228 pages
Published December 1st 2012 by Green Press
Author: Goodreads | Website | Twitter 
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | Smashwords

Goodreads Synopsis:
Ten agonizing months have gone by since Therese faced off against her parents’ murderer at Mount Olympus, and she suspects Thanatos’s absence is meant to send her a message: go on with your life. She tries to return Pete’s affections even though her heart aches for the god of death, but when Than shows up to take her hamster’s soul, she becomes infuriated when he says he’s “been busy.” In cahoots with her new friend, who's gotten in with the Demon Druggies at school, Therese takes a drug that simulates a near-death experience, planning to tell Than off so she can have closure and move on, but things go very, very wrong.

Eventually she learns Than has been busy searching for a way to make her a god, and he’s found it, but it requires her to complete a set of impossible challenges designed by Hades, who hopes to see her fail.


Interview

Many things have happpened since book one so lets find out what Therese has been up to.

Hello Hades and Therese! Welcome to BooksBooks&MoreBooks! *gestures to seats* Please have a seat. How are the both of you after all the excitement of The Gatekeeper's Challenge?
Therese: I'm feeling confused. I'm covered in ash and totally naked--except for a white tunic and Athena's lcoket. That mean...Than?
Hades: Your modesty is sweet, Therese, but get over yourself. You and Than have a hard life ahead of you. The Olympians take oaths on the River Styx very seriously. So, to answer your question, Martha, I'm feeling...sorry for my son and his girl.
*hands Therese a blanket* Than is probably around here somewhere Therese, don't worry,
*turns to Hades* Is there anything you can do to change this?
Hades: Unfortunately, no. Than knew what the consequences were when he diecided to go against the Olympians. He'll have to bear the punishment.
Therese: But that means...
Hades: Yes. it does. The maenads. And from what I've heard, you'll have Ares to contend with as well.
Therese: But why? Wht does Ares care?
Hades: Gods beget gods. He'll want to stop your union from taking place.
Therese: *Turns to Martha* Can we talk about something else?
*Note to self: do not make any deals with the Olympians* 
Of course Therese. You knew Ketamine was a bit dangerous and I understand why you took it bur did you think it would go as far as it went?

Therese *face going pale*: Of course not. Vicki said she researched it and lots of people were doing it. I really didn't expect things to go so horribly wrong. I never would have done it. I just wanted to see my parents.
Hades is Vicki really in a happier place now?
Hades: Happiness is a relative term. What makes one person happy doesn't necessarily make another so. Plus, some people live good lives full of fortune, while others live hard lives full of sorrow and despair. Had Vicki lived, she may have eventually found happiness that surpasses the illusionary one of the Fields of Elysium. Or not. Each life is different and only the Fates know what lies ahead.
*gulps nervously* Oh goodness. Hades, as Therese was performing the challenges did you think she had it too easy or too hard?
Hades: I didn't think she'd make it as far as she did. Even if she passed the little black box of beauty test as Than believed she would, I thought Ladon would stop her. When I saw her devotion to my son and her determination to succeed, I felt bad about setting her up to fail.
Can either of you give me a little hint as to what we might expect in the upcoming book?
Therese: I can tell you that the gods aren't happy with Than and me. Not only do we have to deal with the maenads, but we're also banished from Mount Olympus. I also have to learn to control my new powers around my family and friends, which, believe me, is awkward. Even worse, we soon learn that someone wants to abduct me to prevent Than and me from being together. I have to come up with leverage to negotiate my freedom!
Hades *frowns*: What she said.

*attempts to remove the shocked expression from my face* Woah! I am very anxious to read if now. Hades, Therese thanks to for being here I greatly appreciate you being here. Therese, stay strong! *turns to Hades* Hades, a pleasure to meet the Lord of the Underworld. Please come back to visit and talk to me again. Both of you.

-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...