Friday, January 25, 2013

Broken City (Book #1) by D.D. Chant

Broken City (Book #1)
Broken City (Book #1)
Author: D.D. Chant 
Source: Review Copy
Format: Kindle Edition, 348 pages
Published: (first published February 7th 2011)
Author: Goodreads | Website   
Purchase: Amazon | B&N 

Goodreads Synopsis:
Deeta Richards has never seen the outside world. Before she was born a banking crisis brought civilization to an end and now no one leaves the safety of the compounds unless they need to, but Deeta still dreams of seeing more than the building she was born in.
Tom is in the guard, this group are the only people that the tribal elders allow to leave the compound and tom knows only too well that Deeta could never survive the harshness that exists outside. Then tragedy strikes and Deeta and her sister Jan find themselves captured by a hostile tribe. Why does Tom know so much about these people? And why do they know so much about him? As this mystery draws to a climax, they discover that their friend Tom is not quite what he seems...

My Thoughts on Broken City:
New societies, new governments, and lies.

Deeta got on my nerves at the beginning of the book because she was just damsel in distress, can't seem to do anything other then housework and taking care of kids but towards then end I really liked her. She changed so much from the frail woman to a string woman who could get things done. Tom, yes he lied, but I think he did it for a good reason. Doesn't excuse his lying but I can understand why he did it.*shakes finger* No more lying Tom! if you've read any other post you'll probably know that I can't stand insta-love/love at first sight thing just because I don't think it's actually possible. With Tom and Deeta this does not happen. They've known each other fo such a looooooong time I wondered how they hadn't known about the others feelings. I mean she is practically his kids mum. He takes care of him and everyone in his family. It was natural and I loved that it was.

I thought it was amazing that they lived in old buildings. They weren't living out in the country as some Dystopian novels I've read. They stayed in the city and worked with what was left. The settings were great! I could picture everything.

The plot was amazing! Had me wondering what was going to happen. The lies created mystery which had me coming back for more and more. The beginning was a bit too slow for mt tastes but it quickly picked up. The end was not something I was expecting! I had amy list of suspects as I usually do but nope, this one I did not suspect even a bit!

Overall, I would pick up a copy and read it if I were you. Great read especially if you like like Dystopian novels.

I've Rated Broken City(4/5)

-Martha


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...