Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bobbi's best Books of 2012

Bobbi's  Best Book's of 2012!

Where did 2012 go?? Seems like this year went by in flash of eye! Crazy huh? Well as people reflect on their big moments during the year I wanted to recap some of my personal favorite books of the year! I know my year was filled with some fantastic books!

5. Fix By Force by Jason Warne
Some of you might have read Martha's review as well as my review of this story. I can't say enough of how much I enjoyed this book even though it was such an emotional read! Out of the 40 books I read this year, Fix by Force comes in at number 5!! woot!

4. Fever by Lauren DeStefano (The Chemical Garden Series #2)
 For those who read this back in February when it was released like I did, shared the agonizing wait of book 3, Server which comes out on February 2013. If I could give an award for Best and Worst Cliff Hanger award, Fever would hands down win! What a mind trick!I won't spoil much for those who have not read the series, yet :P Us readers are probably in for a great twist and ending. Can't wait!

3. Firelight by Sophie Jordan (The Firelight Series #1) 
Now I know this book was published back in 2010, but I just discovered it in January! The plus side of discovering this series this year was that I was able to read book 1, 2, and 3! So if your like me and were late on reading this amazing series now is a great place to start because you will have 3 books and 1 novella to catch up with! I can sum up this book in one sentence, a girl who turn into a fire breathing dragon. How freaking cool is that!


2. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
Now this may not be exactly a young adult book, but after I read this book I was absolutely obsessed with the story! It was all I talked about for weeks. I am pretty sure I drove my family and friends nuts! They all know I am the resident vampire nerd, but I even think i over killed this story :P What really made this book great, was the fact the author was able to blend history and fiction so well together. He uses real pictures from Congress during that era and ties them into his story. Gramhame-Smith also explains why certain events in history happened and ties them with vampires being in society!. Words cannot describe how much I loved this book!

1. Hounded by Kevin Hearne (The Iron Druid Chronicles #1)
 
It all started when my co-worker let me borrow his paperback version of this series! Words cannot describe how awesome this series is! if you haven't checked it out, you should! For those who have no idea what this book is all about;

Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old—when in actuality, he’s twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.

Unfortunately, a very angry Celtic god wants that sword, and he’s hounded Atticus for centuries. Now the determined deity has tracked him down, and Atticus will need all his power—plus the help of a seductive goddess of death, his vampire and werewolf team of attorneys, a sexy bartender possessed by a Hindu witch, and some good old-fashioned luck of the Irish—to kick some Celtic arse and deliver himself from evil.


The main character, Atticus, has a talking dog! I mean how cool is that! Oberon, his talking dog, probably has the best and funniest dialog I have seen in any book i've read. I would read this story just for his dialog.  Each character is very unique and developed well. The series just released it's fififth book and it is amazing how the characters have changed over time due to events in the story. While this story may be fantasy driven, once you buy into the story it can seem very real.

I can honestly say i have genuinely LOVED every book in this series. Every book was rated an easy 5/5. 


Now I have always known my taste in books have been a little different from others, mainly due to my obsession with vampires :P I understand many of you may not read every book on this list, but i do recommend you give Hounded  a try. So far everyone I have made read it has loved it :P

Well i hope all of you had a wonderful New Years and I look forward to sharing 2013 with you all :P


<3 Bobbi

  

  



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...