Friday, December 7, 2012

The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass

The Selection (The Selection, #1)
Title: The Selection (The Selection #1)
Author: Kiera Cass
Source: Library Copy
Format:Hardcover, 327 pages
Published: April 24th 2012 by HarperTeen

Goodreads Synopsis:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
My Thoughts on The Selection:
Let me just start out by saying that YES! Finally the ball gown actually has something to do with the story!...The cover guys. ^^ There is always a pretty in a beautiful gown and the story has absolutely nothing to do with big poofy dresses! It's a beautiful dress. Not something I myself would wear but still very beautiful.

There are times when I read the synopsis of a book and add to my TBR pile and later I'll request it from the library and I won't bother to read the synopsis again to remember what it's about. I'm getting old and my memory isn't as it was (hah! actually I do have a tendency to forget thing easily), So I pretty much went into it blindly although as I said the cover hsould have been a dead giveaway because it says soooooo much! But no. Fail Martha! Fail! Anyway...Ahhh the book was GREAT! I really did not imagine America's boyfriend to tell her to sign up! I mean what boyfriend would do that? Kinda makes me think that maybe he thought she wouldn't get chosen or something. Hmmm....Now I'm thinking book two is going to get good! I loved America. I'm pretty sure I would've been the exact same way if I was pretty much forced to sign up for this in order to help out my family. I loved that even though she was in a situation that she did not want to be in she still showed so much compassion for everyone. Throughout it all you see her change a bit. From sad little poor girl doing this for her family to strong young woman who is going to show everyone that she is America! 

You know how we're all curious as to who will win Miss World? Yeah that was me glued to the book wondering what they were going to put these girls through. I was awfully curious to see if they would make them show off their talent on tv. Hmmm maybe it'll happen in book two. Oh Kiera, why did you have to write such a spectacular book? Oh I'm not complaining. No siree bob! This is one that had me flipping that last pages and wanting MORE MORE MORE!

You see what I've rated The Selection so you know I'm going to hound you to read it! It's ok if Miss World isn't your thing but you should this book a chance. You never know, you might just surprise yourself! Now go and read it! :D
I've Rated The Selection(5/5)
-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...