Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Altercation of Vira by Kenechi Udogu

The Altercation of ViraTitle: The Altercation of Vira
Author: Kenechi Udogu
Source: Review Copy
Format:Kindle Edition
Published (first published February 2nd 2012)

Goodreads Synopsis:

The people of Vira have long awaited the arrival of their lost princess, Elve. Legend has foretold a season of great change in the dawn of her return. For the Maracans, she brings the promise of fortified control over their rival kindred. For the Cefans, a glimmer of hope in an existence filled with oppression.

The only problem is their princess is eighteen year old Ama Brown, an ordinary girl living an ordinary life, who has no idea that she is about to be drawn into a world where an age old battle is brewing and nothing is quite as it seems.


My Thoughts on The Altercation of Vira:
I really don't think I would have handled this situation with as much grace as Ama did but then I'm glad I wasn't in her situation because freak out mode would've begun and never finish.

To say that I enjoyed "The Other Slipper" much more than "The Altercation of Vira" would be an understatement. I liked parts of this book but as a whole it as ok for. The reason behind it might be because I felt it a bit bland. I mean the adventure was definitely there but Ama's voice didn't really get me hyped up or excited to see what else would happen. I read on because I was curious to see how she would fare after her mother left her. Ama for me seemed a bit older than her 18 years but at the same time while she is Vira she seems younger. I don't know if that makes sense to you guys or maybe it's just me but that's what I got from her.

The fact that her very human friend, Mel,  would have such a big part was a big thumbs up for me. That Mel could help her so much was great because humans may be weaker compared to others out there but we can definitely get ourselves out of these scrapes and even save others who are stronger, at the same times. So right on Mel! You want to hear a little secret? Ok come closer. *whispering* I think I might have liked Mel better then Ama. Don't tell anyone!

So far I have not come upon a single book from Udogu where the beings in it are not unique. Who has even heard of the Maracans and the Cefans outside of this book and this world? I sure hadn't and I really want to meet them and see them myself especially the Maracans there strange limp.

Ya'll know that with books rated 3 birds and under I always say read it yourself and make your own minds, well I'm going to say it again. Read it and make up your own mind and then come back and tell me if you think I'm going crazy.
I've Rated The Altercation of Vira(3/5)
-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...