Tuesday, November 13, 2012

RABT Blog Tour | 6 Seconds of Life by Tonya Fitzharris

Title: 6 Seconds of Life
Author: Tonya Fitzharris
Source: Review Copy
Date Published: 9/1/12
Genre: Young Adult / New Adult

Synopsis:
 Maura has just jumped.

 Now she has precisely six seconds until she hits the water below her—just six more seconds until she is finally freed from her mundane and aimless existence.  Freed of all of the regrets and disappointments that have haunted her throughout her nineteen years.

 She just needs to be free.

 But as she falls, the most pivotal points of her life start to replay like a movie in her head: her family falling apart, her first love, her first heartbreak, her first true friends, and her first betrayal.  As she remembers these moments that brought her to this point, will she feel a sense of peace?  Or will her death be her greatest regret?

My Thoughts on 6 Seconds of Life:
WOW! Just wow! You read books where someone is being talked out of suicide but in this one you are literally with the character as she, Maura, is going through her life as she's falling to her death! 

6 Seconds of Life was and is breath-taking! You meet and get to know Maura and find out everything that drives her to this decision. A lot of it is so sad and just made me want to cry and hug Maura because I've been through some of the things she's been so she is relatable. One of the things that really impressed on me was the relationship with her parent's, I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read it, but there are just some things children should not be put through! Ok, let's just say this is a book you'll have to hold onto something for this one because it'll cause a wide range of emotions.

Maura. What can I say other then that I really want to hug the girl. This girl does not need a shrink, she needs someone who actually cares. Why don't her dumb parents care in the way that she most needs it??!! Pure, raw emotion. Maura is brilliant. The author is just brilliant when she created Maura. 

The writing. My goodness! The writing is amazing, incredible. The writing is what made the whole book tie in together and just made it that more incredible. I had one issue that was with the flashbacks. I didn't really know where in Maura's history I would be taken too but after a bit I got used to it and I waited to see what part of her life I would read about.

Read it! Read it! Read it! Read it! Like I said though bust out the tissues because I'm pretty sure you might need some! Can't wait to see what Fitzharris has for me because if it continues to be as great as 6 Seconds I am more then sure she will be asked to join a big publishing house.
I've rated 6 Seconds of Life:(5/5 birds)
Author Bio
Tonya Fitzharris is a writer, reader, blogger, mediocre cook, photographer, runner, Florida native, and cat lover. She used to be a Middle School English Teacher, but now she's trying out the whole novel writing thing. She lives in New Jersey with her husband and her Belgian cat named Waffles.
Contact: Website | Twitter | Facebook 
Purchase: Amazon | B&N | Smashwords 

-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...