Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Star Dwellers by David Estes

Title: The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers #2)
Author: David Estes
Source: Review Copy
Format: 368 pages
Publication: September 30th 2012 by David Estes
Author: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Smashwords
Return to Arèthane (The Elves of Arèthane)

The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers, #2)

Goodreads Synopsis:
After rescuing her father and younger sister, Adele is forced to leave her family and Tristan behind to find her mother in the cruel and dangerous realm of the star dwellers.

Amidst blossoming feelings for Adele, Tristan must cast his feelings aside and let her find her own way amongst the star dwellers, while he accompanies Adele's father to meet with the leaders of the moon dwellers and decide the fate of the Tri-Realms.

Will Adele be able to rescue her mother and make it back to the Moon Realm before the President and the sun dweller soldiers destroy her family?

Can Tristan convince the moon dweller puppets of the error of their ways?

Was Adele's lost kiss with Tristan her one and only chance at love?

In her world there's only one rule: Someone must die.

My Thoughts on The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers #2):
I laughed, I cried and most of the time my jaw was hanging on the floor from the shock!

The Star Dwellers picks up where The Moon Dwellers left off. Adele and Tawni are off to save Adele's mum. A few pages in and already something is happening. I was kept on my toes the whole time, which is a good thing because I was eating it up as fast as I could, like ice cream. :D Not only that but at the end of each chapter I was shocked "WHAT?" "NO WAY" are the sort of things I was yelling at my kindle. When said reactions come about it usually means it's getting good! Thumbs up David, I almost fell out of my bed laughing at Roc and Tristan's banter!

Adele is hands down my favorite character in the series. After everything that's happen she has remained strong. Strong and determined to help everyone have a better life. She's not some born superhero (unless she is...hurry up David with book 3!) who knows that everything will turn out the way she wants them too though. No she's a determined young lady who is going to fight her way through all the rough patches. She's like Wonder Woman!

If it's not one thing with these characters it's another...but then again I guess that's to be expected when one is fighting a rebellion but wow there was so much adventure in this book! Adele's mom? Who else is wondering about her? Yeah when you read what happens you'll be making this face --> The end. Oh my goodness I almost had a heart attack! Ok seriously now you have to read it because I can't tell you what happens but what I can tell you is that you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PUT IT DOWN!

I can't say anything or I'll spoil it for you but go pick a copy!

I've Rated The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers #2):
(5/5)
David Estes was born in El Paso, Texas but moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania when he was very young. He
grew up in Pittsburgh and then went to Penn State for college. Eventually moved to Sydney, Australia where
he met his wife. A reader all his life, he began writing novels for the children's and YA markets in 2010. He´s
a writer with OCD, a love of dancing and singing (but only when no one is looking or listening), a mad-skilled
ping-pong player, and prefers writing at the swimming pool to writing at a table

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...