Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1)Title: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Author: Ransom Riggs
Source: Library Copy
Format:Hardcover, 352 pages
Published: June 7th 2011 by Quirk

Goodreads Synopsis:
A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of very curious photographs. Fiction is based on real black and white photographs. The death of grandfather Abe sends sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, and explores abandoned bedrooms and hallways. The children may still live.

My Thoughts on Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children:
Alright I'll admit I was little iffy about reading this one because so many said the ending was a complete disappointment but me and my stubborn self read it anyway!

When I first checked it out from the library I looked under the book jacket (most people don't seem to see what's under...or maybe I'm just weird like that) I sort of shivered a little. One of the other things I do before I start a book is flip through the pages because sometimes the Chapter page is different than your usual which is when I discovered the photographs! I LOVE photography especially photographs from the time before digital cameras so that INSTANTLY hooked me! Suffice to say that the pictures were the only thing pushing me to read because I wanted to know what they meant.

It was too predictable. It was well written but a well written book is nothing if the story isn't good. Too bad too because I honestly thought that the photographs added to the story but it wasn't enough to make it better.

The ending was HORRIBLE! Worst ending I've ever read. It left wayyyyyyy too much open and questioning. Tragic because I know it could've been great.

I've Rated Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children(2/5)
-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...