Friday, October 12, 2012

Blog Tour: Ephemeral by Addison Moore

Ephemeral (The Countenance, #1)Title: Ephemeral
Author: Addison Moore
Source: Review Copy
Format: Kindle Edition, 412 pages
Published: September 12th 2012 by Addison Moore
Author: Blog | Twitter | Facebook  
Buy: B&N | Smashwords | Amazon 


Goodreads Synopsis:
The last thing Laken Stewart remembers is the oncoming car, then bursting through the windshield.

Two months dissolve without her knowledge and she finds herself in unfamiliar surroundings with strangers who not only profess to know her but insist she’s someone else entirely.

Laken discovers her long dead boyfriend, Wesley, has been thrown into this alternate world as well. He is quick to inform her she suffered a horrible fall and that her memory hasn’t fully returned. According to Wesley the other life she had—her name, her family, they were simply a side effect of her brain trauma.

In her quest for answers she meets Cooper Flanders, the son of her psychiatrist who readily believes every word she says.

Laken Stewart knows she died on that hot July afternoon, but now she’s alive—or is she?

My Thoughts on Ephemeral:
As always I read a book not remembering the synopsis which is usually a good thing because then I'm not anticipating what is going to happen. This is one of those times when I wish I HAD read the synopsis because the first 45 pages confused me so much!

It's not until I am about 50 pages in that they finally say what they are. Frustrating really because I didn't really feel a build up to her finding out. More of she thinks she's crazy and then the next they tell her what she is and the what the creatures that were trying to kill her were.

I wasn't too fond of Laken, the MC, because when she realizes that she needs to call her mum, it takes her forever because she's so wrapped in this boyfriend of hers, that she keeps putting it on the backburner. Personally I might've had her freaking out trying to contact her family as soon as I woke up in a strange place with people I didn't know, especially if there are creatures out to kill me. This boyfriend of hers she seems to think is so important, if he's so special and loves her so much why does he not believe her, when you can plainly feel the almost panic in her words?

Reason I kept reading and didn't just drop the book after the 45 pages was because of my insatiable curiosity in wanting to know more about the mystery guy and exactly was going on. I mean it had me speculating as to why she heard screams when her friend just up and disappears and everyone says that she must've taken off. I was just as curious to know as much as Laken did. Alright here is something I had not expected: blood bonding. For some reason I didn't expect it but then again in a weird sort of cult that Laken find herself surrounded by, I guess I kind of did. I wanted to know just how far she'd go with all this craziness. Just how far she'd go before she figured it out. If she'd stick with the very secretive, non-believing boyfriend.

Ephemeral might be better suited for kids over 18, what with all the sexual innuendos and seductions going on. Overall, though, I think you should read it yourself to see if you like as or it was simply Ok as it was for me.
I've Rated Ephemeral(3/5)



Addison Moore
Author Bio:
Addison Moore is the author of young adult fiction and romance. She has worked as therapist on a locked psychiatric unit for almost a decade. She is the mother of four wonderful children. She resides on the West Coast with her family and two dogs where she eats too much chocolate and stays up way too late. When she's not writing, she's reading.



-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...