Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Whispers on the Wind (Ari's Story #1) by Alison Davis

Whispers on the Wind: Ari's Story (#1)
Title: Whispers on the Wind (Ari's Story #1)
Author: Alison Davis
Source: ARC
Format: Ebook
Published: August 20th 2012 by LULU.COMa
Author: Goodreads | YouTube
Buy Lulu

Goodreads Synopsis:
Haunted by the echoes of the past, Ari's finds love, sees death and saves one man from repeating his ancestors mistakes when she takes it upon herself to catch him when he falls.

Ari moves to a small English coastal town and takes a job at the local library, she begins to fall in love and become embraced in the community.
Meanwhile under her house through a bomb-shelter under the cellar she discovers a natural cavern in the cliff face. The cavern contains a wealth of treasures and trinkets left behind by those who found it before her.
A wedding photograph and a set of letters become her obsession.
Ari does her best to uncover their stories, only to discover that history is repeating itself, every male descendant of Alexander has died on that cliff top, and now a new set of letters have appeared, with the same seal, and the same warning signs.
My Thoughts on Whispers on the Wind:
Reading bits and pieces from the story only makes one curious as to home it stared, how it climaxes and how it ends of course. I mean one (meaning me) can only take so much teasing before they become enormously curious!
Beautiful. That is the main word I would use to describe this book. It was beautiful from start to finish. I could quite literally hear the main character, Ari narrate her story in my head. The writing is lovely and flows wonderfully which can only mean one thing.... no boring parts! Seriously, I found no lulls and no parts where I knew I could skip ahead and still know what was going on. The fun part was the mystery. Delving into the past while trying to keep the present from doing exactly what the past had already done one too many times ( did that make sense to this guys? makes sense in my head but it might sound weird to y'all.). Let's just say I couldn't, for the life of me, put the book down!
I love how passionate Ari became with the mystery and loss that came with finding the letters. If I were to have found said letters I think I would've gone about it the same way.... without the visions though. I would've looked up their history until I knew as much as possible and then told everyone I knew. I can't exactly say that I relate though because I've personally never been through even one thing she has but if she were real I think we'd be great friends. Well except for the great love of books we both share and the fact that our happy place is the library. Now Ben on the other hand I would definitely not mind knowing! ;) I mean a cute librarian/musician/great boyfriend definitely can't get any better. What I really lovec about him though was that he was so great with everything Ari was going through. Most guys would've dropped out of the relationship but Ben struck around. That's some love.
Favorite part without spoilers? Hmmm... I think I'd have to go with the scene where she finally finds out who the letters are from and their history. It's a wonderful thing solving a mystery.
It was a tiny bit rushed, I felt but you definitely want to read this spectacular book. It's one of those books that just makes you feel so great things all at once. You'll understand what I mean when I say this.
I've Rated Whispers on the Wind:  (4/5)
-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...