Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I've Never Finished


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

This week's Top Ten is:
Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished

To keep things short and sweet, Martha and I decided that we would each do a Top 5 Series I've Never Finished.

Martha:
Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)1. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - 
Just finished Spirit Bound (Book 5) and I am VERY anxious to start on Last Sacrifice.

My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4)
2.  Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent - 
I'm slowly but surely getting through them whilst I read other books, but I am completely hooked by Tod! :




Insurgent (Divergent, #2)3. Divergent series by Veronica Roth - 
I have Insurgent but have not been able to read it :(


Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)4. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - 
Through the Ever Night doesn't come out until January!




Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)

5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - 
Unravel Me doesn't come out until February!






Hannah:
I've actually started about a million book series, but have only finished maybe 5 or 6 of them. So you can see it was a bit hard to pick just 5. I narrowed it down to the top five that I was least likely to finish.

Marked (House of Night, #1)1. House of Night by P.C. and Kristin Cast - The first book, Matched, was such a pain to read, I've promised myself that I would never read another book in the series. I do not believe in masochism via literature.


Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)2. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - I read the first two books and maybe three words of the third book. But this series is so unmemorable, I did an instantaneous brain dump the second I finished each book. And how can I continue a series if I don't remember what's already happened? (I'm actually wondering why the hell their making a movie out of it too...)

Matched (Matched, #1)3. Matched by Ally Condie - I read the first book, and I liked it well enough that I decided I would continue with the series. But time stretched and by the time I spotted Crossed on the bookshelf at the store, I had already forgotten the first installment. And I didn't remember loving it all that much, so I'm not even gonna bother.

Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)4. Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber - I feel bad about hating this series the way I do, as it is one of my friend's favorite series. But, man....the main character, Raven....she is unbelievably infuriating and makes me want to commit violent and illegal acts of terrorism (such as dropping a bomb on her town...).

The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)5. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - I was stunned to not like this series the way I did. I mean, c'mon, zombies! Hello, how can you hate zombies? But, alas, it just wasn't meant to be...






Leave us your link!
-Martha & Hananh

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...