Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pledged by Gwynneth White

Pledged (Soul Wars Saga, #1)Title: Pledged
Author: Gwynneth White
Source: Author
Format: Ebook, 503 pages
Published: June 13th 2012 by Smashwords
Author: Website | Twitter |
Buy:B&N | Smashwords | Amazon

Goodreads Synopsis:
Everyone has a soul mate. But what do you do when your soul mate would rather give his soul to the demons than be with you?

Seventeen-year-old Erin has a problem. Seth has been hers forever, but now an ancient curse is tearing him away. And the demons who invoked it will stop at nothing – even murder – to claim him as their own.

How can she win against a curse so binding that it has damned countless others to this same fate – an eternity alone?

The answer lies in the past. To find it, Erin and Seth must risk all, travelling back in time to a dangerous world where love is forbidden, and life – and death – hang on a pledge.

Follow Erin and Seth as they travel to ancient Shenaya and confront the curse that has plagued their families for millennia. Caught in a war between the Angelic Guardians and the Gefallen, the disembodied dead, they must fight to keep their souls in tact and their love untainted.


My Thoughts on Pledged:

The Pledged hype certainly lived up to my expectations. I was both anxious to see what would come next and a little apprehensive because it seemed to have a lot of elements mixed in.
There were things that surprised me and there were things that I saw coming from pages away. Those that surprised me were the things that made it superb. Here’s a hint: Time travel! Yeah! You read right. There is time travel in this book and that was a splendid surprise that I did not see coming even if I could see into the future. Erin and Seth go back to see what has happened for their present to be the way it is and my goodness do we learn a lot. *grins* As I read Seth and Erin’s story I was reminded of Romeo and Juliet in way. They are both obviously and painfully in love but yet something, including family keep tearing them apart. I find that the author was able to remind me of these two timeless characters with her own two very unique characters.
Speakers if charcters, most of the time Seth and Erin didn't even seem like fictional characters. Erin reminds me very much of myself. Wanting to know everything about a situation before she throws herself into it to make all the proper adjustments. Erin wasn't the only one that reminded me of me, I couls feel a little bit of me in Seth with his spunky, sarcastic, peace loveing ways. We would both would rather figure out a way to resolve things peaccefully then fight it out unless it comes to that. There were times where just like Erin I felt like shaking Seth up a bit to make him see what is right in front of his eyes.
I really very much enjoyed the story. I felt it a bit rushed, meaning one second they are meeting and the next they are whisked away into what becomes an incredible journey and adventure. Also the constant time traveling was a quite confusing at first. There were instances where I had to re-read some pages because I felt I had missed something. I did in fact get used to it but only after a good chuck of chapters had been read.
My favorite part without spoilers? When they are taken to a place called the Mists of Time and discover why they feel so connected. I think I'd like to visit the Mists of Time it really seemed like a wonderful place to be.
Would I recommend the book? Yes I would. Sometimes I feel like a book is rushed but to others it may seem perfect so I strongly suggest you read it and some up with your own conclusions.
I've Rated Pledged: (3/5)
-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...