Friday, August 24, 2012

The Other Slipper by Kenechi Udogu

The Other SlipperTitle: The Other Slipper
Author: Kenechi Udogu
Source: Review Copy
Format:Kindle Edition
Published: first published September 27th 2011
Author: Goodreads | Twitter
Buy: Amazon | Smashwords

Goodreads Synopsis:
When Jo finds a lone glass slipper on the night of the royal ball, she realises that there is more to the seemingly ordinary object than meets the eye. Searching for its owner, she is led to the palace where the princess sets her on a journey that thrusts her into an unexpected world of magic and illusions. It soon becomes clear that there is a lot more to her mission as she discovers startling secrets about her past and struggles to embrace her destiny.

My thoughts on The Other Slipper
Kenechi, I thank you very much for surprising me with such a great book!

Stependous retelling of what happens after Cinderella is found to be the wearer of the glass slipper. Except it's not about Cinderella. Oh no. It's about an awkward gawky girl named Jo. Where Jo lives everyone is short, so Jo and her family literally stick out like sore thumbs, which only resorts in making Jo even more awkward and clumsy. Even though she has no friends other then her cousin and brothers and even though she's clumsy and tends to knock over things she tries. Personally, I'm short (only 5ft tall ) and not in the least bit clumsy but I really felt I could relate to Jo. I think I would have felt the same if I was charged with the return of this powerful object. Return it and get back home as quickly as possible.

When I first started the book and I got to the point where the Fairy Godmother tells Jo that she must be the one to return the slippers back to it's owner I thought I knew where this story was going but as I kept reading I noticed that no I didn't. There was great adventure interlaced perfectly with magic, cocky riding companions (at last if you ask Jo ), and mystery. There was an equal share of them all and for that I am grateful (too much of one thing is never good unless it's the main point). I was never bored or felt the need to put it down even once, which is a good thing because I can get bored very easily and very quickly.

Favorite part without spoilers? When she finally finds out who the slippers really belong to. I can just imagine her expression throughout this discovery and it makes me laugh.

Overall, would I recommend The Other Slipper? Yes I would! This is the kind of book that is perfect for everyone. Even more perfect for young girls. I am more then excited to read the sequel. Because there will be a sequel....right? Right?!
I've rated The Other Slipper(4/5)
-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...