Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Frostbite by David Wellington

Frostbite: A Werewolf TaleTitle: Frostbite
Author: David Wellington
Source: Library Book
Format: Paperback, 288 pages
Published:  October 6th 2009 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2008)
Goodreads Synopsis:
For Cheyenne Clark, there's a bad moon on the rise . . .
There's one sound a woman doesn't want to hear when she's lost and alone in the 
Arctic wilderness: a howl.

When a strange wolf's teeth slash Cheyenne's ankle to the bone, her old life ends, and she becomes the

 very monster that has haunted her nightmares for years. Worse, the only one who can understand what 
Chey has become is the man–or wolf–who's doomed her to this fate. He also wants to chop her head off 
with an axe.

Yet as the line between human and beast blurs, so too does the distinction between hunter and hunted . . . 

for Chey is more than just the victim she appears to be. But once she's within killing range, she may find 
that–even for a werewolf–it's not always easy to go for the jugular.
My Thoughts on Frostbite:
 I read Frostbite as a BOTM for my Goodreads Group: Book Junkies.
From the beginning I was very excited to read this book unfortunately I got excited over nothing. There was too much hoopla over it when I myself thought it was just plain. 
Chey was annoyin character who forgives and decides to become mates with the man who killed her father. POwell on the other hand goes after her a second time for trying to kill him a second time and then helps her escape the cluthes of her evil ex.

One thing I did like? The way the transformation is described. Very vivid and I could just imagine seeing it in real life how stunning it would be.

Would I recommend this book? No. Finished it because I hate not finishing books but not a book I would ever pick up again. *Rated M for mature scenes*
I've Rated Frostbite (2/5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...