Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Blog Tour | Circus Summer by Kailin Gow






Circus SummerTitle: Circus Summer
Author: Kailin Gow
Format: Paperback
Published June 5th 2012 by theEdgebooks
Author: Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Buy: Amazon | B&N



Book Blurb: 
In post-apocalypse America, every season, the Circus of Curiosities visits the city, bringing with it the most fantastic circus acts that are beautiful, majestic, curious, and death-defying. Every season performers for these acts are chosen from the young men and women in each town, trained, and sent to perform in a live grand performance, performed literally to the death. Two performers from Sea Cliff, a beach town at the outskirts of The Center find themselves chosen to be in this Summer's Circus Act. Both must win at any cost, but could they ignore their feelings for each other? Leela Sinclair needs to win in order to get to The Center where she can get medical help from the best physicians for her ailing mother, plague with a condition no one have heard of. For Zachary Nile, his reasons for becoming a performer at the Circus is more mysterious.  Only the ringmaster and the Circus of Curiosities owner Dex Hightower (Dr. Dex) knows what the touring Circus is really about amidst the magic and splendor.  Despite the Great War and the poverty surrounding the land except for the towns fortunate enough to be near the Center, Dr. Dex and the Circus performers all know, "The show must go on."

My Thoughts on Circus Summer:
I'd like to say that the fact that I received Circus Summer as an ARC copy has nothing to do with my honest review.

There are few books that I get so into that I actually finish in mere hours! Circus Summer is one of those books. Not only am I glad that I got a chance to read this I'm also anxious for November, which is when the sequel, Circus Autumn, is scheduled to be out! Not once did I ever feel the need to put this book down. In fact, I couldn't put this book down. It had me so absorbed I barely moved from the same spot I was laying in!

Leela is of my favorite characters with her determination, drive and will to get to the end of this journey to get her mother the help she needs. She is a heroine that people can look up to just as they look up to Katniss, Rose, and Tris! She is a very likeable character that would do anything to help her loved ones. There really is no hating a character like this. The lovely romance between Leela and Zachary was wonderful. The love that is so obvious from her best friend is palpable and I wish that she did love him even if it was just a tiny bit just because he is such a great guy that it kind of broke my heart a tiny bit when she chose Zachary over him.

The only problem I have with this book would probably be that it was too short! I wanted to keep going and find out what happened to Leela and Zachary in the next leg of their journey. I really like that Leela wasn't automatically thrown into the adventure knowing every secret that this town had but actually slowly moving her from being suspicious of the circus and the ringmaster and wanting to know what's going on. We were slowly eased into the problem and the situation that there was no error in us mistaking what was going on and how everyone and everything had an important role.

Do I recommend Circus Summer? Heck yes! Especially if you loved dystopia... and even if you don't really read dystopia I still recommend and suggest you read it.

I've Rates Circus Summer   ( 5/5 )


About Kailin Gow
Kailin Gow is the author of over 100 books, with the majority of them for young adults. Her most popular series are:  The Frost Series, PULSE Series, Desire Series, Wicked Woods, Steampunk Scarlett Novels, and more.  A full-time author, she is also a producer, having worked in radio, television, and film.  She grew up in Southern California, lived in Texas and England, and had traveled extensively around the world. 


-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...