Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Writings from the Heart Compiled by Beth Ann Masarik

Hello All!

Today is a special post. It's a post that has touched my heart and I'm more then positive it will touch yours when you read the book as well as the guest post from Beth Ann and the review.

I gave free reign over today's post to Beth Ann so let's see what she said...

Welcome Beth Ann to booksbooks&morebooks. Needless to say that I am more then pleased to have you here with us.

Thank you for hosting me today, Martha, and hello to everyone!  I am here to tell you about an anthology that I put together for charity. This anthology is called Writings From the Heart: Stories and Poetry From Around the World.  30 authors from around the world contributed both poems and short stories to this wonderful book.  All proceeds are going to the pediatric cardiology department in the Cohen Children’s Medical Center of NY.  CCMC, is a part of the North Shore/Long Island Jewish Health System, which is one of the largest health systems in the world.

Today I am going to talk about why I chose to publish the anthology independently as opposed to signing with someone.

While being represented by a publisher is great, there are all kinds of things that have to be accounted for.  For example, the publisher is responsible for editing, the cover and any artwork involved, and the overall production of the book.  Now, as an indie publisher, yes, I was responsible for all of that, BUT, I took care of ALL of that stuff myself. If I had contracted a publisher to do all of that, the royalty I would have received would have been much, MUCH less than going indie.

Long story short, while going indie has been a wee bit stressful, the overall product has been very rewarding. The group of authors I have chosen have all been so patient and understanding.  Some have even offered up valuable advice, to which I am very grateful for.

I had minimal experience with indie publishing before this anthology, and I am happy to say, that I would do it all again, and WILL do it all again in the near future.  All of the late nights, and the yelling at the computer will be worth it once I see the looks on the doctors and nurses faces when they receive a check from Literary Lunes Publications for however the amount is.

The anthology is only $13.00 in paperback and $4.99 in ebook.  It can be purchased ANYWHERE on the web, including Amazon and now Barnes and Noble. I hope you will support this cause, and if you have any questions, you can contact me through Goodreads and I’ll be happy to answer any that you may have :).

Now, I’ll leave you with the trailer that I created myself. When I said I did EVERYTHING from start to finish, I meant EVERYTHING from designing the front and back cover, to formatting, to making the trailer you see here.

Thank you for stopping by, and thanks again Martha, for having me!

Lets support this more then worth cause huh guys. These kiddos are out bright future so I say we help the kiddos. :D


Title: Writings from the Heart: Stories and Poetry From Around the World (Volume 1)
Compiled by: Beth Ann Masarik
Format: Paperback, 1st edition, 318 pages
Published: June 6th 2012 by Literary Lunes Publications
Source: Beth Ann Masarik
Buy: B&N | Amazon

One of my favorite poems would definitely have to be "My Shadow" by Alan D. Harris. And here is a little taste:
"It follows me
on sunny days
but disappears
in bright hallways"
I've never been one for poetry but this poem is simply beautiful and amazing.

As for the short stories, I found a few that I really liked but one that I want to share with my lovely birds. It's called, The Princess and The Three Ugly Witches by Uzma Chaudhry. The names for witches (for which you'll have to read the book to find out) are hilarious. And they really are sisters in every way with all the bickering and laughing (or cackling in their case). I know it's a short story but I would like to know what would happen.

Now there are many storied and poems in this collection that are sad, painful, and yet many have that silver lining of hope on the horizon. They're just so full of raw emotion that you really wouldn't find when talking to the author face to face. I am definitely recommending this incredible collection to everyone. It's probably going to sound cheesy but it's a very hopeful book. Don't take my word on it, read it yourself.

I've rated this book:  (5/5)


You can contact the Beth Ann for more info:

Follow: 
           Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BethAnnMasarik
                         https://www.facebook.com/TheWorldAmongUs
           Twitter: @theworldamongus
           Personal Website: www.bethannmasarik.com
        Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/bethmasarik

Luney Writers, an anthology coming in 2012
Founder of Literary Lunes Magazine www.literarylunes.com for more details!
Founder of Wordsmiths and Ink Scribblers writing network www.wordsmithsinkscribblers.spruz.com

-Martha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...