Friday, June 1, 2012

Fix by Force by Jason Warne

Fix by ForceTitle: Fix by Force
Author: Jason Warne
Publisher: Westbow Press
Published: March 28th 2012
Format: Kindle & Paperback
Source: Author
Author: Twitter | Goodreads | Website
Buy: Amazon | B&N 


Goodreads Synopsis:
Spencer doesn’t have a choice.

He can't choose to be different than what he is—the son of the town's worst enemy, the weakling who can't stand up for himself, the loser without friends.

He can't change the way things are.

Or maybe he can.

Immediate confidence.

Rapid change.

Instant hope.

These are the things Spencer believes he needs to fix his life, and that is what the steroids promise—a quick fix.

But promises can be broken and shortcuts are often treacherous, and Spencer must decide if those risks are worth the perceived rewards—if “artificial” hope is strong enough for him to be fixed, by force.
Teasers:
I was tired of being the little country boy. I was sick of hoping for change. I was done waiting for life's playwright to change my role, and I had an idea how I could do it myself.

They were alive---and they were big. That was all I needed to know. In fact, I almost waned that look. They were scary, and I would be too. And if I was half as monstrous as they were, people would fear me. People would respect me. Zack would have to answer for the years of torture, and Tay and everyone else at the expelled school would look at me differently. I would finally walk the halls with confidence. I would be fixed.

Here is what I thought:
Thank you Jason Warne for letting me read your book.

'Fix by Force' was beyond extraordinary. You can read and sympathize with every emotion that Spencer felt. I felt as though I was Spencer. The emotions were there and in your face and you either sympathized or you empathized because many of us were Spencer in some way.

Spencer is that kid in high school who has the sucky parents and who gets picked on because of that. He feels his life is so bad he has to resort to drugs. But not just any drugs, steroids. He thinks that by using steroids he can fix all his problems. Get the bully's off his back, make everyone respect him and have a better life. In the end he learns a very valuable lesson....well actually he learns more then one valuable lesson. That's probably one of the things I loved. I got to see him go from a young and very impressionable kid to someone who had maybe not quite both legs firmly grounded but was getting there.

I seriously wanted to hug this kid and tell him that everything was going to be alright, that everything was not as it seemed but unfortunately I can't and that fact that I had this reaction was incredible. Spencer was so real to me I kept thinking that in a way I was reading his journal of just hiding in his head and hearing and seeing and feeling everything.

The dynamics of how Spencer's story unfolded was amazing. His need to be respected and feared was sad for me because even though he wanted to be this monster he still felt bad about even getting into people's faces.

This written work is just brilliant. In no way did I ever feel confused about anything or felt cheated that I was missing a point that had not been explained in some shape or form. "Fix by Force' is stunning and I recommend this book to everyone (well mostly everyone who is 16 and older). This story will make you feel emotions that you might not have felt since high school. It's a haunting story but it is also full of hope.

I rated this book :  (5/5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...