Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fire with Fire by Penelope King

Fire with FireTitle: Fire with Fire (Demonblood Series)
Author: Penelope King
Source: Review Copy
Pub Date: December 27th 2011
Author: Blog | Goodreads |Facebook | Twitter
Buy: Amazon | Smashwords | B&N | 


Goodreads Synopsis:

It's been over two months since Lucky and Liora decided their fate outside the cave. Over two months since Kieron left to finish his mission.

So why hasn't he returned?

Crushed and confused, Liora finds comfort with a mysterious stranger, a guy whose motives include more than just healing Liora's broken heart. Meanwhile, Lucky finds herself in the arms of an old friend...the one who has always laid claim to her true soul.

When the reason for Kieron's disappearance becomes known, loyalties will be tested, friends will be betrayed, loves will be lost, and hope will be found. Once and for all, Lucky and Liora will have to chose their destiny. And not everyone will survive their choice.

My Thoughts:
Thank you Penelope King.

Kieron hasn't returned. Lucky & Liora are both worried and kind of mad thinking that he's abandoned them. In walks a new guy who just seems to be enchanting to Liora. Meanwhile, Bones is there for Lucky.

I really enjoyed 'Fire with Fire' Lucky and Bones seem to still be my favorite characters. With their funny sarcastic tendencies. All the characters are still as sizzingly hot as they were in 'A Demon Made Me Do It'. Lucky I worried about because I felt like I was losing ho she was during the first book (that kick bum, in your face, kind of she-demon) but I think I understand why she was in a way fading away *cough cough* Bones. Now Bones I wouldn't mind one single bit if he was real. ;) The end had me making this face ---> and I almost cried a little bit too!

If it's not one thing with Lucky it's another thing with Liora. They may be one person temporarily (or maybe not, we'll have to see) split into two personalities but we still see both causing/up to mischief whether it's consciously done or not.

There were one part that confused me. When Liora is under Tristan's spell for one because it sort of seemed a bit rushed. One minute she is normal (or at least as normal as Liora/Lucky can be) and the next she's under his spell. Other then that, I had no problems whatsoever with the way the story played out. Handful of adventure, add in a weird web of romance, some demons, hellhounds, and angels and BAM! you have the awesome book that is 'Fire with Fire'.

The end! No I mean the end of the book!! I love when authors give little subtle hints about what is to come and there certainly were a few hints thrown in and now I'm sooooooo anxious to see the other characters reactions to the news and everything!! Penelope please hurry!!

Overall I am very happy with the sequel! Recommended for 18+!
I rated 'Fire with Fire': (4/5)

-martha :D





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...