Sunday, June 17, 2012

Behind the Blog #1: Ah, school!



Behind the Blog #1: Ah, school!

Behind the Blog MemeBehind the Blog is a meme to help bloggers connect their life and interests to the content showcased on their blog. The co-hosts, Faye, Kathe, and Melissa will provide a different topic, idea, or question every week that bloggers can relate to themselves and the books, films, or other media they find interesting!
This week’s topic is academics. While people in some parts of the world are reaching the end of their academic year, others are just beginning. How did you perform in school as a child, and how has that changed? Are you book smart or street smart? What are the best and worst experiences you had in school? Regarding books: Have any novels changed the way you think of academics or made you wish you studied at a certain school or in a certain world? Have any films done the same?
I was always a very good student! In high school however that all changed because I just stopped caring about school or grades or college or academics in general. Especially during senior year when I just didn't even bother. Now when I started college then everything went back to going for the gold so to speak because that's when I figured out that I wanted to be a Anthropologist (and that is not an easy major let me tell ya!). So I started buckling down again to get into the University that I wanted to (which is what I'm still working on). 

I am both book smart and street smart. I've had to be street smart with the neighborhoods I've lived in and the schools I've attended. Book smart, well....I've always been that :D (not trying to be conceited or anything) because I've always been a curious person and I like to ask a lot of questions. A couple things I would change about my academic career would be that I would have gone to a better school to help me more as well as that I had cared a whole lot more when I should have.


Behind the Blog is a new meme for bloggers themselves (and the schools they would have loved to attend). To find out more, check out the introduction on my blog or that on Faye’s, or the one over at Melissa’s.


Behind the Blog is a new meme for bloggers themselves (and the schools they would have loved to attend). To find out more, check out the introduction on my blog or that on Faye’s, or the one over at Melissa’s.
Are you joining us? Here are our rules:
  • The hosts’ Behind the Blog posts go live at midnight on Friday, GMT +0:00. Feel free to post before that and then just link up on Friday!
  • Feel free to make use of the button shown above or, if it clashes with your blog colors, e-mail us or make your own.
  • Read, write, and connect! The Linky is there for you. Make use of it!
  • Last but not the least, have fun!
Want to read other Behind the Blog posts? Click here to enter your link, view the link list, and enjoy! (The Linky looks better on the other hosts’ blogs; they’re on Blogger.) Powered by Linky Tools.

-martha :D 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...