Monday, May 14, 2012

Justice (Deck of Lies #1) by Jade Varden

Justice (Deck of Lies, #1)Title: Justice (Deck of Lies #1)
Author: Jade Varden
Rating: 


Goodreads Synopsis:

A House of Cards...

When you build an entire life on a foundation of lies, it only takes one truth for the whole thing to come crashing down. I never invited the truth in. I never went searching for it. I never had any reason to suspect that the two people I loved most were dishonest with me every second of every day.

I made one bad decision, and in a single day my entire world changed. If I'm ever going to discover the truth about myself and my parents, I have to trace all the lies back to their source. I have to try to find the truth that they're hiding.

The more I discover about myself, and my past, the more I realize that lies really are better than the truth. But now that I know the lies are all around me, I can't stop until I've discovered them all. I'll pull each lie away, one by one, and examine it to see what's underneath…until this house of cards crumbles into dust at my feet.

I just hope I can survive the crash.

My Thoughts:
I'd like to start off with a big thank you to Jade Varden for letting me read her book. It has been a pleasure reading it.

From the very first few pages 'Justice' had me hooked. This is not your typical kidnapped child, returned to her parents and she goes back to her happy little life she had with her kidnappers. Oh no it is not. Rain is taken from one family to be raised by another to then being found by the first (I hope that makes sense, if not it will when you read it). What child would not want to go back to the loving caring family they lived with their whole lives?

Sometimes it amazes by how some authors are able to make some characters so real. I sympathized with Rain so much sometimes I thought I felt what she was feeling, that's how well Jade described Rain's emotions (and I have never been through what she's been through). Throughout the whole thing I either felt annoyed, mad, confused along with Rain. The situation with Tom, I sort of guessed from the beginning but I understand how that came to be so muddled because when we've been Rain for many years and find out that we're really Chloe is a huge adjustment. I even tweeted about it!

There were a few things I did not like. First that she doesn't really look for her kidnapping parents after she finds out they've left (but I'm thinking that in the sequel we'll find out more). Second that she gives into Owen too fast. I mean I got the feeling she didn't really want to date him but she went along with it anyway. Third thing would be that Rain sort of dropped her old friends, I mean what kind of friend does that? Those were the only problems I saw with 'Justice' but I guess I can sympathize as to why she did or didn't do what she did (if that makes sense).

The plot flowed beautifully. Not once did I feel like the story was being rushed or was too slow (because you probably know how much I detest that) and the characters were very realistic. It was simple and easy to understand.
Overall, I would most assuredly recommend this book to everyone! It is a incredible read that is suitable for everyone of all ages. This is a wonderful book about change, lies, and finding the truth beneath all that. With the way it ended all I want to do is read the sequel to find out what happens!

Want to read 'Justice'?
Amazon
B&N
Smashwords

-martha :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...