Friday, May 4, 2012

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Everneath (Everneath, #1)Title: Everneath
Author: Brodi Ashton
Rating:
Goodreads Synopsis: 

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.


She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.


Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.


As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...


Teasers:
“Friends don't eat friends' souls.”


“If you're gonna leave, I wish you'd just leave. Why do you keep coming back if you're not going to stay? Because even when you're gone, you're never really gone... I won't get over it if you keep coming back. Losing you once was hard enough. And now you're here again and everything's coming back. I'm going to get screwed. And I can't do it again.”

“Too much math and science isn't nourishing to the soul.”


My Thoughts:
I am speechless!

If you've read my previous posts you'll know that I love twists in the plots and this is not you're typical Greek mythology story. 'Everneath' has it all.

Nikki is a bit selfish because she knows that those she loved have been hurt when she disappeared but I felt as though she did want to make everything better before she had to disappear for the rest of the their lives. Who wouldn't jump at the chance to say goodbye to their loved ones? I'm pretty sure most of done the same and that is probably what appealed to me. She knows she went about it the wrong way in how she left but she is only try to right her wrong. We can all fully relate to that. She is ready for the inevitable trip back because she knows she made the mistake in rushing into this and sees no redemption. So let's just say she is a very relateable character.

I liked the flashbacks. It helped me understand how she came to be in this situation. The plot was well written and in no way was it rushed or slowed to a snails pace.

I am seriously at a loss on how to explain how great this book is so just trust me and go read it.

-martha :D





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...