Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Demon Made Me Do It (Demonblood Series) by Penelope King

A Demon Made Me Do ItTitle: A Demon Made Me Do It (Demonblood Series)
Author: Penelope King
Amazon
B&N
Smashwords


Goodreads Synopsis:
Some girls share clothes, a bathroom, or a bedroom. Seventeen-year-old Liora Greyson has to share, too. Only she shares her body--with a demon.

Liora just wants to survive her final year of high school unscathed, her dark secret intact. But the walls she’s carefully constructed to keep people away crack wide open once she meets the sexy and mysterious Kieron, and he lights her world on fire. She can’t let him know she transforms into a demon named "Lucky" at nightfall—a demon with an entirely separate personality who passes out Torment, Justice, and Revenge like Halloween candy.

Turns out Kieron is the one who should be afraid once Lucky discovers his true identity and motivations. Liora wants to love him, but Lucky thinks he’s public enemy number one. And having a demon with a vendetta show up during a romantic date puts a serious crimp in any relationship.

Fighting your demons is one thing. Having one that fights back, messes with your guy, and leaves you with nasty hangovers is quite another.

Being bad has never been so good...

Teaser:
"Here you are." The masculine voice causes me to jump.
"Bones, what are you doing here?" I ask, annoyed. "You scared me half to death!"
He sits on the corner of the bed and glances at the screeching woman. "Kind of like that?" he asks with a raised eyebrow. I roll my eyes.
"Bones, what are you doing here?" I repeat.
He doesn't answer me right away. Instead he watches the woman writhe and moan on the floor. "I followed your scent. What'd she do?"
"Double infantcide."
He shakes his head slowly. "Shame. She looks real nice."

My Thoughts:
I'd like to thank Penelope King for letting me read 'A Demon Made Me Do It'.

You know how there are some readers who praise a book so much that you get curious to see what all the hype is about and find out that that was not your cup of tea? I've had those happen to me...but not with this book. Really took me by surprise how this book progressed because I had kind of an idea but this book took that idea and threw it out the window.

This isn't a book of demon possession but a book about coming to terms with two sides that make up one. I enjoyed reading the two very different sides of the coin that make up Liora. One is a kind, sweet school girl who tries to stay under the radar as much as she can to prevent Lucky from making a guest appearance and kicking bum. Lucky on the other hand is that kick bum  in your face kind of girl who isn't afraid anyone or anything. I think when the Amazea messed everything up their two different selves just intensified to how they are now. Very interesting to see the different selves. They hate each other but yet they respect each other enough to be done with everything by the time the other needs to take over.

Kieron....well what can I say about Kieron that hasn't already been said? Why are these boys so swoon worthy? Probably because they're just so awesome inside and out right (now why can't we find guys like that in real life?). Bones. My goodness Bones made me laugh everytime he hit on Lucky that my stomach hurt from all the laughing. he is quite a character that Bones (but why was he called Bones? Did I miss where they explained?). I did pick up a bit of  a love square though (I hope that makes sense) although now that I think about it it might be sort of a web (I think I might confusing people).

This is the job well done you get an A++ from the English teacher (no it's not me). I saw no flaws in this story (none at all). The plot, character, climax everything was brilliant. I had absolutely no complaints whatsoever.

Overall, this is a book to read. A stay up until you finish it book. A I'm going to recommend to everyone I know kind of book. A woah I have to read the next one kind of book.
I've rated this book:

-martha :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...