Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Blog Tour: I've Got You Covered by Toni G. Sinns

I've Got You CoveredTitle: I've Got You Covered
Author: Toni G. Sinns




Synopsis:
Anistasia moves to Brooksville where she meets John. The duo hit it off almost instantly and become best friends before it grows into something more than friendship. While they blossom together they have to go through the daily routine of high school drama and jealous ex’s on John’s part and over bearing brothers on Anistasia’s part. But each struggle seems to hold the two together even more.


Along with the daily high school problems they also have to deal with the mafia hunting down Anistasia, John’s mafia father, and the every other weekend street races. Running from bad guys, keeping the cops out of the know how, and trying to stay undetected is proving to be more of a handful when the only person you can trust is also on the run.

Teasers:
Kyri shook her head. "John is going to be pissed when he finds out you made her hate him."
"We're siblings, out tolerance of one another isn't supposed to be infinite anyway." She joked with her and slowly their babble turned to other topics.


She wasn't sure why adrenaline made her hungry but it did. If she ever was in a long sop chase they probably would win and arrest her at a local fast food joints drive thru.

My Thoughts:
While reading this I had a sort of Romeo and Juliette feeling. Ani is a mobsters princess, John is the son of a mobster. The mob wants Ani back alive or dead at all costs, John mobster father is keeping tabs on him. Without knowing about their involvement with said mob they become friends.


Ani started out strong and tough at the beginning of the book but became a bit of self conscious teenager. I don't understand why she went from being such a strong character who didn't up with anyone's crap to being super nice to the people who were spewing their crap at her. John I felt to be the only consistent character throughout the whole book. He was what and who he was and didn't try to change (which in this case is a good thing).


Ani and John's relationship I did like, for not once did I feel it rushed. They took it a a slowish pace and it was never a BAM! they're in love kind of thing. They talked, got to know each other a bit and then got to the relationship part. Also the fact that she stopped it till they got to know each other a whole lot better with telling each other their secrets was great too (too many characters rush into a relationship and have the whole getting to know you thing after). John was there to help throughout everything that was happening and that was pretty cool in my book.


I felt as though there should have been a whole lot more editing because there were many errors that it kind of drove me crazy (me, queen of errors). I can take errors in the book when its 25-50% but I felt like more then 75% of the book had errors that had not been noticed. I also felt that the plot lacked in it's climax other then that one little incident (I was thinking they were going to introduce a character or some big plan that had been cooked up but sadly no) so I was a bit disappointed. 


I've rated it: I think with a bit more plot and some editing this book could be a great book until then I'll have to really consider reading the next installment.

Photobucket
Author Bio
Toni Sinns was born and raised in Western North Carolina before moving to Central Florida in 2011. She is an upcoming author/writer with a mind in multiple genres of novels and books. She is currently working on multiple novels that you can read about on her website. 
Links to Buy 

-martha :D

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a member of Reading Addiction Blog Tours and a copy of this book was provided to me by the author. Although payment may have been received by Reading Addiction Blog Tours, no payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was no obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, publisher, publicist, or readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning Use of Endorcements and Testimonials in Advertising*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...