Monday, April 9, 2012

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)Title: Starcrossed
Author: Josephine Angelini
Rating:

Goodreads Synopsis:
Helen Hamilton has spent her entire 16 years trying to hide how different she is--no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust.

Teasers:
"Will someone please tell me why you all call me 'Sparky'?" she burst out in frustration. "And id I get stabbed one more time tonight I'm going to lose it!" she added, rounding Jason, who was sneaking up behind her holding a stapler.

"Plus, I bet you're real good at making s'mores," Ariadne added.
"But the real question is, can she do it without liquefying the chocolate?" Jason asked, like he was some kind of s'mores guru.

Review:
Because I am the type of person who only reads the synopsis of a book so as not to have someone elses opinion bouncing around as I read the book I thought it was going to be just another Greek mythological book (you know the same ol same ol) but boy was I in for a surprise. There are so many twists and turns in this book (not the bad kind that just confuse you so much you fell like you can't even finish the book). I simply adored this book from beginning to end (and cannot wait to read the next one!!).

Helen is a super shy, tall, beautiful girl in high school and she literally gets sick when she has too much attention focused on her. All she wants to do is fly under the radar and get through high school when in saunters Lucas who she LITERALLY wants to KILL! That is until she doesn't (you'll have to read it, if you haven't already, to find out the hows, whats, whens, and whys).

I liked the whole story for the following reasons: a. She is the type of character most of us can relate to in how she is extraordinary and doesn't know it until she comes out of her shell and decides to let someone in, b.  She would do anything for her friends and family (including go to the ends of the earth and beyond to save them), c. She is selfless enough to stay away from who she loves to save a war (yes you read correctly I said a war!).

The only teeny tiny part I did not like was not knowing what happens to the guy that is harassing her to know her secrets (and he was only in there a bit and then nothing).

There is Romance, Mythology, and a little bit of Adventure to shake up and stir your curiosity until you finish the book! I recommend you read this book (especially the romantics out there). Awesome book to curl up with and devour!

-martha :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...