Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Raised by wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)Title: Raised by Wolves
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Rating:

Goodreads Synopsis:
Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it.  That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

Teasers:
"Casey, if there's a hair on her head out of place when you get back, you're sleeping on the couch for the rest of your life."

Nobody liked my plan.
"You want us to split up?" Chase asked, his brow wrinkling in obvious bewilderment.
Lake echoed the sentiment, her voice flat. "Why would we split up? There's four of us and one of him." After a brief  moment's pause, she amended her head count to better reflect our real odds. "Three and a half of us, one of him."
Three and a half, as in three werewolves, one human. I narrowed my eyes. "For your sale, Lake, I'm going to pretend that Devon is the half."
Dev, unquestionably the strongest person in this room, just shrugged and let me keep my delusions. "It's because of my petite structure," he said. All 6'4" of him.

"Bryn, m'dear, if there is any justice in this world, they'll be nothing but trouble."

Review:
I loved and disliked this book all at once.

I loved this book because Bryn is such a strong and sarcastic character. Pretty much everything about her i liked. Just because she is human doesn't mean she has to bow down to these Weres who are obviously a whole lot stronger then she is. She has some serious spunk messing with the Alpha, Callum, like she does, even though he is her guardian. I also really enjoyed how she is always at extremes (reminds me of myself so this comment might be a biased). I enjoyed the ending because even though she did have to grow up mighty fast she did it for a very good reason.

I disliked this book because I felt that her relationship with Chase went wayyyyy to fast. It was only about the third visit and BAM! I mean i know that these things tend to go pretty fast in books but that was lightening fast!
Her getting beat up the way she was and then basically being ok with it was NOT ok with me. Just because I understand justice does not mean that she should have been ok with it (can you tell that i do not under any circumstances condone physical abuse?).

My dislikes are what made my rating go down a birdie, otherwise I would have happily rated it five birdies. Other then that it was a very good book and I am definately going to pick up the next installment and see how she is doing.

-martha :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...