Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ignite by Kaitlyn Davis

Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)Title: Ignite
Author: Kaitlyn Davis
Rating:

Goodreads Synopsis:
"With one last look, one final search of the lines of his face for some sign, Kira turned and ran away from the sound of the man she loved laughing in the face of her death." 

When Kira Dawson moves to South Carolina, she meets Luke, a blond goofball who quickly becomes her best friend, and Tristan, a mysterious bad boy who sends shivers down her spine. Kira knows they're keeping secrets, but when she discovers Tristan's lust for blood and her own dormant mystical powers, Kira is forced to fight for her life and make the heartbreaking decision between the familiar comfort of friendship and the fiery passion of love.

Teasers:

"So you are new, right,
or have my great looks made you speechless?" Damn, she hated being called out.
"Yeah I’m new, and what good looks? You’re so tall I can’t even see your face."


He seemed different to her somehow, with jet-black hair that hung over his eyes a little, and barely visible dimples that played on his cheeks. His eyes were also an icy blue, but they seemed deeper to her,
like steep ravines she could fall into. He stayed out of the conversation, she noticed, as if lost in his own thoughts that seemed more troublesome than the cutting remarks doled out by his friends. He had a rebel without a cause look that made him perilous for a girl’s heart. Suddenly, he turned to Kira, and his eyes seemed to brighten a shade when they landed on hers. He stared, and Kira, who was never one to back down, returned his look with interest.

"No point to live if not dangerously," Kira replied as she sat down to wait.

Review:
Let me start off by thanking Kaitlyn Davis for the awesome opportunity of letting me read her book. I am definitely look forward to 'Simmer' and any other books from Davis.

This is a jewel that is waiting to be found. I didn't know what to expect so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that this wasn't a typical vampire book. 'Ignite' was a vampire book with a twist! Davis has created a new breed of vampires unlike any others I've read so far.  

The plot flowed amazingly and the characters were relateable with their spunk! Tristan is the guy girls wish they could meet and Luke the best friend we could have. Kira with her crazy curly hair and her love of cooking could be the best friend you've had for years! Once I emersed myself into these characters lives I could not stop until I finished the whole book.

Vampire lovers everywhere, 'Ignite' is the book for you! Davis is definitely up there with Rachel Caine and Stephanie Meyer in my opinion. It is worth more then $.99 trust me! I enjoyed this book very much and I think others who read this genre will agree with me.

-martha :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...