Saturday, April 14, 2012

Featured Friday!

This week's Featured Friday is hosting Sadiya, from Random and Booky!
Featured Friday is a meme created by Sadiya at Random and Booky. If you guys are interested in participating there's a page here for details. Just send her an email Sadiya's Featured Firday.
Random and Booky!!!
Sadiya
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken" by Oscar Wilde is Sadiya's favorite quote and by looking at her blog and reading her posts you can pick up that she is 100% Sadiya with her quirkiness and unique way of telling us what she liked (or didn't like) from the book. Sadiya is definitely a blogger to follow with her YA books, you'll enjoy reading about her reading books as much as I do.

The Spanish Inquisition:

Me: Lets start off with the obvious: What is your favorite book?
Sadiya: I have way too many favorites, but I'll list the one's that have a special place in my heart-> Dairy Queen Trilogy by Catherine Gilbert Murdock, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher and Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
What genre do you usually gravitate to?
So I basically like any genre, except Romance and I don't really read paranormal either. I really like books with action. I also like realistic fiction. But a book with humor mixed in is awesome too. I also like fantasy, YA and mainly young adult.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Is there a history of bookworms in your family or is it just you?
In my family everyone kinda does like reading but I'm the bookworm. I'm always reading whereas my family just reads whenever they feel like it, which is once in a while.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Lets talk authors shall we. Who are your favorites? Why?
So my five favorite authors are-> Catherine Gilbert Murdock, Lauren Oliver, Suzanne Collins, Rick Riordan and Jay Asher. Mainly because they wrote my favorite books. =P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Do you think you'll take a stab at writing your own novel?
I don't think so. I kinda write poetry and I'm writing this short story in chapters. But that's the close I'll ever get. Unless the story I'm writing turns out to be as long as a novel. =P 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
What turns you off about other readers?
I absolutely HATE it when people compare books like saying everything is like Harry Potter. Every book is unique and different and can't be compared to others. Plus I hate it when people say books are just copying another book etc etc. I like to keep an open mind. Sure I didn't enjoy a book as much as another but I would never compare it, like oh this one copied this one or Hunger Games is just better then Harry Potter just because. It just irks me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Be, honest do you judge a book by its cover? And if so how often?
I don't really judge a book by it's cover, honest. But if a book does have a cover that stands out on a shelf I may check it out. But then I check the title, 'cause that is what I judge a book by. =P

Do you read others blogs for their opinions about a book? If so when? Before you actually read it or after to see if you had some of the same thoughts on it?

When I have time I definitely check out others blogs. I'll read whatever reviews are currently up at the moment. Normally it'll be a book I haven't read, so chances are it may or may not end up on my to-read shelf. =)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Lets say you could be a character from any book, who would you be?
Oh, toughie! However cliche it may seem I'd like to say Katniss from the Hunger Games. I see a lot of myself in her like being independent and having to mask emotions and stuff. I'd also like to say DJ from Dairy Queen, we both kinda have the same views on certain things. So something in between. =D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Be honest now, how often do you fall asleep while reading?
Actually I've never fallen asleep while reading. I tend to stay up late and am used to it so I never really fall asleep when reading. If I get sleepy I'll go to a point where I can stop then go to sleep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Why do you love to read?
I like to read 'cause it's fun. Not to mention it's like a movie or TV show in my head, I just love that! I also like how I can 'escape' to another world by reading. It opens so many possibilities and things that it's hard not to appreciate books and authors. =)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Well folks that is all for today be sure to check back in with yours truly for new reviews, giveaways, and interviews. And be sure to follow and read this quirky blogger, Sadiya!
-martha :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...